• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trick Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Established Member
Depending on your own personal opinion, either the male secretary or the honest lawyer, as (arguably) none of the others exist!
Aye, it was the male secretary who was driving, as the other three have never been proven to exist! :lol:
  • Nazis are always very narrow-minded individuals in my experience irrespective of how cordial they may appear to be,
  • No Lawyer has ever been known to be honest as they invaribly present their clients with bills that are at least 250% of the original estimate,
  • And basic human biology suggests that Mary (Mother of Jesus Christ) could not have been a virgin! :shock::lol:;)
Methane; not an elemental gas, CH4, produced during the breakdown of organic matter under anaerobic conditions.
If Methane is a compound of Carbon and Hydrogen (The latter being an odourless gas, from what I remember), then why on Earth does it smell so darn ungodly? :shock::o:?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How long would it take for a snail to crawl the Great Wall of China?

Established Member
If Methane is a compound of Carbon and Hydrogen (The latter being an odourless gas, from what I remember), then why on Earth does it smell so darn ungodly? :shock::o:?

Simple. It doesn't.

What makes your farts smell is in fact Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), which is not only smelly, but also highly toxic.
______

A rope ladder is hanging over the side of a ship. The rungs are spaced exactly 1ft apart. The tide rises by 9 inches every hour. How long will it take for the first 3 rungs to be covered by the sea?

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It wouldn't...Molluscs slither along the ground. To be able to crawl, a species would need legs of some description. 8)
Nope. It is commonly accepted that Snakes crawl, and they don't have legs.

Jonfun

Established Member
How long would it take for a snail to crawl the Great Wall of China?

I would personally say that it would be 6 months, one day and a half. That is because it would take the snail half a day to reach the middle, then 6 months as the man from the council revokes the licence to serve food from the takeaway for half a year, as he saw the snail and found their pest problem. This means the snail gets brushed out onto the street, and when they get their licence back 6 months later, it'd take a day for the snail to get to the other side of the room.

Was I right? :)

Ta

Jon

Trains06

Easy:
Q: I am in London, and I love National Express East Coast and Virgin, I am trying to get to Edinburgh and I cannot decide which operator to go with and decide to travel with both, I do this, but how?

Medium:
It takes 4 days to eat a HUGE chip buttie! I decide to eat an IDENTICAL chip buttie two week and 3 days after I finish the first... How long will it take me to eat the SECOND chip buttie?

D306

Established Member
Easy:
Q: I am in London, and I love National Express East Coast and Virgin, I am trying to get to Edinburgh and I cannot decide which operator to go with and decide to travel with both, I do this, but how?
Go to Glasgow on Virgin, then NXEC to York then upto Edinburgh

Medium:
It takes 4 days to eat a HUGE chip buttie! I decide to eat an IDENTICAL chip buttie two week and 3 days after I finish the first... How long will it take me to eat the SECOND chip buttie?
3 weeks

Trains06

The first one is correct, but for a bonus point is there a way I could make a longer journey with NXEC?

Second one, Would I suppose be possible - But I have thrown some rubbish in there to keep you on your toes, and you haven't come up with the same answer as meee! But, I will say Correctomundo :)

Hmmm, I will have to think of some more...

I get the 10:50 Virgin Pendolino from Crewe-Holyhead, the train arrives at 13:13. The journey has taken me 2 hours 23 minutes. I return on the same Pendolino which departs Holyhead at 14:14, a 1 hour 1 minute turn-around what process will have had to be done at Holyhead for the Pendolino to be able to depart normally?

A lift can hold 10 people, and there are 2 lifts in the building to take people to Floor 5. A lift can ascend to floor 5 and descend to the main hall in 2 minutes. I am in a party of 30 - How long will it take to get everyone to Floor 5?*

* - There are multiple answers, and the correct one must be the one I am thinking of.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yep

A man walks into a bar and is immediately knocked unconscious. Why?

Because he doesn't walk through the door? He walks into it?

Alternativley, he walked into a bar of metal?

ladysue

A lift can hold 10 people, and there are 2 lifts in the building to take people to Floor 5. A lift can ascend to floor 5 and descend to the main hall in 2 minutes. I am in a party of 30 - How long will it take to get everyone to Floor 5?*

Depends which floor they are on to start

me123

Established Member
I get the 10:50 Virgin Pendolino from Crewe-Holyhead, the train arrives at 13:13. The journey has taken me 2 hours 23 minutes. I return on the same Pendolino which departs Holyhead at 14:14, a 1 hour 1 minute turn-around what process will have had to be done at Holyhead for the Pendolino to be able to depart normally?

The class 57 hauling the pendolino needs to be placed at the front of the train ready for the outgoing departure.

Trains06

Correct ladysue, and yes you must either change the end at which the 57 is at, or get another 57 and de-couple the one from the 10:50.

Supposing on the lift question everyone was at the main hall and both lifts where there, and closed/opened at exactly the same time, and there was a loading time of one minute... <D

Status
Not open for further replies.