• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic1989

Established Member
Lack of belly buttons was the answer i was looking for, as adam and eve were not born but created, so they never had an umbilical cord.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
See attached...

Bit of a fail?

EDIT - Sorry for the unsubtle editing!

Attachments

• adamandeve.jpg
    adamandeve.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 20

Buttsy

Established Member
As I was going to St Ives, I met a man with seven wives, each wife had seven sons and each son had seven brides. How many that day were going to St Ives?

Eagle

Established Member
As I was going to St Ives, I met a man with seven wives, each wife had seven sons and each son had seven brides. How many that day were going to St Ives?

So many ways you can interpret this... I'm going to assume you met him on the train, in which case the answer is two :P

Schnellzug

Established Member
Which St Ives is it? That might be very important. I believe that in one of them* it's perfectly legal to have seven wives. :D

*Not saying which, obviously

Buttsy

Established Member
I'm on a bl***y bus in Cambridgeshire, I met him at Histon. He was of Arabic descent from what I could tell.

Buttsy

Established Member
The answer is 1 as I was going to St Ives, the rest were coming from St Ives, despite the impressive pedantry from fellow posters.

imagination

The answer could actually be any number you like. The question asks how many that day were going to st ives. Well, there could have been tens of thousands of people going to St Ives - who simply didn't happen to be in that group you met.

Buttsy

Established Member
That's why I like this site, pedantry. :D

From the information supplied, it is most likely that only I was going to St Ives, everything else is conjecture.

Open floor unless Peter Mugridge has a question.

LE Greys

Established Member
An Intercity 225 is travelling towards York from Darlington at 125 mph. There is a westerly wind of 10 mph. Which direction does the smoke go?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It's electric, so there's no smoke :P

Anyone can post the next one, I can't think of anything.

Nym

Established Member
A man has an L85a1 and is going nuts in a shopping centre with it. Standard NATO magazine is fitted, he's seen to fire 30 rounds from the rifle, somone brave from the crowd then jumps out to try and stop him, but this man gets shot too, by the nutter with the SA80, he hasn't re-loaded, doesn't have any other weapons and it's definately that man that shot him, how?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Either he had one in the breech before loading the magazine or it's a high capacity magazine rather than a 30-round one?

deltic1989

Established Member
Nym:884980 said:
And ainsworth is the winner... (Although 30rd mags can actually hold 31 or somtimes 32 rds)
Although when i did my NMT (Naval Military Training) as part of my basic training we were told by our instructor that we risk a stoppage if we are loaded to more than 29rds in a standard 30 mag. So thats how i always did it, cant confirm the truth of my instructors statement but i never wanted to risk finding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.