• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations served more by other TOCs than the managing one

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbophile

Established Member
Does anyone know the official status of Liverpool South Parkway? Merseyrail has 4tph; Northern two I think; East Midlands one, TfW (normally) one, LNW or whatever it's called now, two (pre-Covid at least). Yet I seem to think that it is (owned and?) managed by Merseytravel ; ie the transport authority for the city region rather than Merseyrail the TOC. I might be wrong though. Anyway the ticket office is staffed by Merseyrail and the ticket machine operated by Northern.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RPI

Established Member
Is Water Orton still managed by WMR but only served by Cross-country?

Dean and Dunbridge were managed by GWR despite only being served by SWR (not sure if they've now transferred at the same time as Romsey)

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Is Water Orton still managed by WMR but only served by Cross-country?

Dean and Dunbridge were managed by GWR despite only being served by SWR (not sure if they've now transferred at the same time as Romsey)
Yes; XC do not operate any stations and thus there are several stations in the West and East Midlands that are operated by WMT and EMR but only (or overwhelmingly, as in the case of Melton Mowbray, Oakham and Stamford) served by XC.

pdeaves

Established Member

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
They did, all 3 transferred in April 2020.

They’re no longer eligible for this regular competition, which comes round about as often as the World Cup…. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.