• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Trivia] Termini stations with least facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnsf734

Heysham Port must be the only station where cars for the Isle of Man ferry drive across the concourse at the buffer stops!

How about Coombe Halt on the Looe branch - it is a terminus station as trains have to reverse - but most services are not advertised as stopping there and reverse at the end of the platform.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Seaford is pretty bare.
There is a ticket hall one platform and a toilet.
A toilet you say. That must make it up market and posh compared to some of the stations on here. Hehe.

I wonder where the nearest toilet is to some of them without one?
I have to say I quite like these "trivia" threads. I'm not likely to visit most of these places so it's nice to find out a bit about them. The easiest thing to do if you don't like it is not to read it.
I quite agree

najaB

Veteran Member
I don't recall much of anything at Thurso station when I was there, but that was 11 years ago.
I was going to suggest that, but it's a reasonably substantial building. Just not much in it as you said apart from a part-time ticket office.

pitdiver

I was going to suggest that, but it's a reasonably substantial building. Just not much in it as you said apart from a part-time ticket office.

I have just looked at some photos of Wick stn and noticed the sign over the trainshed. "Welcome To Thurso". What I can see you certainly are WELCOME to Thurso

Correction, why I said " Wick" I don't know. They were pictures of Thurso and you are still quite welcome to it.

Last edited:

najaB

Veteran Member
I have just looked at some photos of Wick stn and noticed the sign over the trainshed. "Welcome To Thurso". What I can see you certainly are WELCOME to Thurso
It's possible that someone has mixed up the pictures as the two buildings are of a similar design.

Last edited:

DelW

Established Member
Pembroke Dock must be the most sparse station where HSTs ever terminate.

I cant remember anything being there. apart from a cat

If it's during opening hours, there's a nice real ale pub in the old station building (or at least there was when I was last there a couple of years ago)

Class 66's

Tweed bank, just gotten a toilet and s coffee stand.

Have to agree, Tweedbank was quite disappointing when I got there in the summer. A building, which turned out to be for staff based there, and the ticket machines are card only, which isn't a great deal of use for someone who only had cash with him.

Gathursty

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. I think some terminal stations could be much better, particularly if they are coastal resorts. Reaching an end of a line should be a bit more exciting, or more hospitable at least than say the welcome you receive at Barton-on-Humber or Blackpool South (not that Blackpool North is much better to be honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.