• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

What lovely 158 sounds, it really reminds me of been on the Leeds to Burnley line 8)

Is it me, or do I hear sombody saying Whats-up in the idle loop sound :oops:

Jim

Established Member
Has anyone noticed that when it whines (power to notch 0) there is some distict coughing in the background.

I love this version, as my pet 158 (746) whines beatifully when it slips :oops:

class 313

Established Member
220 is lovely! just drove it on the ECS 6 car timetable on maybank and its nice! :D cant wait for that hst :D

evil_hippo

Gareth Hale said:
What lovely 158 sounds, it really reminds me of been on the Leeds to Burnley line 8)

Is it me, or do I hear sombody saying Whats-up in the idle loop sound :oops:

I heard coughing....

(perhaps it was Harold)

Above about 120 mph, all the sounds on the voyager go totally distorted on my pc :( any ideas why? Well done on a couple of fantastic updates anyway!

andrewmay

An excellent update to the 158 with very realistic sounds and the 220 is also fantastic. Great work TSC and keep it up.

Coxster said:
It was slightly updated on the 28th.

Unfortunatly that hasn't helped my sounds problem. Is that what the update was meant to fix? All sounds above about 120 mph are distorted, including passing noises of other trains. This seems to me as if there is a problem with either the route file or my sound card...? Is there some kind of specific audio codec i need or something? What do you reckon?

Muppet

Theres a new picture of the HST and it looks like the update of maybank as well. which could be released this week. :D

wumpty

Hi,

Glad you like the new stuff. Stay tuned ;)

The updates today will fix the gauge lighting on the Voyager, after some feedback I've had it confirmed it should be blue. The update to the 158 fix a bug with the stop/start buttons and remove the cough from the engine wind down sound.

Lanky, I can only imagine the sound problem to be down to graphics or sound card drivers. I know that some machines will crash BVE when you go above 100mph as they can't cope with the processing required to more frequently process the sound and graphics, so might be worth trying any sound card driver updates you can find...

Or you could turn down the hardware acceleration on your sound card settings to see if that helps:

Start Menu/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio/Sound Playback

- Click advanced, then Performance and drop the hardware acceleration notch by notch and see what happens.

Nitro

Hello wumpty I am also having problems with the new voyager :( Every time I load it BVE crashes when it gets to the sound.cfg or panel.cfg and I get an error message. It only works on one route and thats Plymouth-St Austell. Im probably having graphics card problems yet the new Class 66 workes perfectly. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I tried what you said to lankylancaster and it works!!! The Voyager finally works and its a beauty :P

wumpty said:
Hi,

Glad you like the new stuff. Stay tuned ;)

The updates today will fix the gauge lighting on the Voyager, after some feedback I've had it confirmed it should be blue. The update to the 158 fix a bug with the stop/start buttons and remove the cough from the engine wind down sound.

Lanky, I can only imagine the sound problem to be down to graphics or sound card drivers. I know that some machines will crash BVE when you go above 100mph as they can't cope with the processing required to more frequently process the sound and graphics, so might be worth trying any sound card driver updates you can find...

Or you could turn down the hardware acceleration on your sound card settings to see if that helps:

Start Menu/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio/Sound Playback

- Click advanced, then Performance and drop the hardware acceleration notch by notch and see what happens.

Thanks Steve! I turned the hardware acceleration completely off and it worked! And what a train it is! Nothing like bombing along maybank at 140 mph! ;)

Just thought I'd ask as to how the buzzer works on the voyager. Do you need to reply back to the 1st 3 beeps as well as the 2 after, or just the 2 after. Also, I know it might seem like a silly question but do drivers on voyagers normally go straight to P7 full power from standstill or would they go to say P3 until there is movement before full power?

Muppet

ill do it in beep form.

[Gaurd] beep. beep beep.
[Driver] beep. beep beep.
[Gaurd] beep beep.
[Driver] beep beep.

hope this helps. :)

Wow, that was quick, yes that helped a lot thanks. And from what I gather, the driver must close the doors after the 3 beeps? But obviously this can't really be modelled on BVE.

Coxster

Established Member
lankylancaster said:
P7 full power from standstill or would they go to say P3 until there is movement before full power?
Voyagers and Meridans do not have notches - they are continuous. Unfortunately that isn't possible in BVE though.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Actually they are notched, I believe they are E, B5, B4, B3, B2, B1, N, P1, P2, P3 and P4.

Nick

Rhys said:
ill do it in beep form.

[Gaurd] beep. beep beep.
[Driver] beep. beep beep.
[Gaurd] beep beep.
[Driver] beep beep.

hope this helps. :)

Why is the guard telling you to set back? I thought the first 3 beeps were the DDA requirements on the Voyagers (as heard on Meridians) to warn people they were closing the doors. I am not a fan of the Beep buzzer, I prefer a noticeable Buzz Buzz. But anyway, you shouldn't reply to the first three set back beeps and then not do anything and await a Right Away.

Regarding Meridian throttles, Jamies correct. Presumably the same on Voyagers...

Ca55ie

The beeps are actually more like 1-2. This is the signal from the train manager to the driver, who has control of the doors, to shut the doors. Once the interlock has been proven etc, the train manager sends another 2, to tell the driver to get going.

Sam

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
yes its a 1-2 beat not a 3 beep, beeeep. beep beep (clear to close doors) driver responds with 3 beeps and closes doors

Jamie C. Steel said:
Actually they are notched, I believe they are E, B5, B4, B3, B2, B1, N, P1, P2, P3 and P4.
They have markings on the CPBC so that you can guage yourself. It's like with 47s. The throttle handle only has notch "on" and "off" but there are markings for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full. It is notchless from "on" but the markings are just there for the driver to guage himself. 8)

Guinness

Established Member
The Beep Beep - Beep means the Guard requires the driver to close the doors, its in the BR Guard to Driver Code. Hence why Steve said needs to update the Plug in for the Driver to close the doors as opposed to Guard (See the readme). 2 Beeps means Ready to Start. The Driver need to repeat the beeps to acknowledge.

The 3 x 3-Beeps using the Minus Key (-) means that the Guard needs to contact the Driver via the intercom.

See: http://www.rodge.force9.co.uk/faq/bellcodes.html

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.