• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube drivers strike 05/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrd

Established Member
Nowhere there can I see ASLEF making any mention of the P/T Night TO posts. Can you point out where that gets a mention please.
Correct, this doesn't involve Night Tube train ops otherwise they would be calling for strike action on a Friday or Saturday...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think I am missing something here Val3ntine so help me out.

I have read your question on post #26 a couple of times now. The same for Dstock7080's answer and have also opened and read through the link that they pasted with ASLEF's statement.

Nowhere there can I see ASLEF making any mention of the P/T Night TO posts. Can you point out where that gets a mention please.

It's nothing to do with this dispute, really. I think there may be some confusion with a previous ballot.

Val3ntine

Oh right okay my apologies I had got it confused with a previous ballot as Mojo rightly pointed out. I also blame the media (yes I know they’re very reliable when it comes to correct information eh), I remember hearing on the news i quote “Part time drivers working too many weekends” and “Drivers working 2 days not being given the option to work a 4 day week”. This automatically got me relating it to Night tube T/Ops in which I now realise is incorrect. Thanks guys though for clearing it up

Lrd

Established Member
Strike has been called off but the ballot remains active so can be called again if talks fall through again

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Surprise surprise they bottled it...

Pretty much standard procedure - threaten a Tube strike, have some negotiations and then call it off shortly beforehand.

The strike threat to actual strike ratio on the Underground is quite low.

Status
Not open for further replies.