• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UEFA EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Ronaldo removed two bottles of coke from in front of him at a press conference and causes a $4 billion drop in Coca-Cola's share price (1.6%). Funny, impressive and scary all at the same time.
Pogba also did the same with Heineken yesterday. I’m led to believe this is because he’s a Muslim, although I’m not sure.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
Which then got Heineken trending, thus giving free advertising to the alcoholic version...
Tbh I'm still mystified by the concept of 'official beer of..' for tournaments and certain clubs. Of course it's a massive money making exercise, but I imagine Heineken were counting themselves lucky Pogba did what he did after the the AL25 closed trading for the day.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Great victory for Wales. 2-0 v Turkey. Ramsey played very well. Really pleased for them. Should be enough to see them through

Also helps they have former a Darlo player on the staff!

Last edited:

HST274

Loved the 'unbiased' commentary from Robbie Savage. Though to be fair I was also surprised by Bale's choice not to stick in the corner though I guess it worked out :lol:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That was a great performance and the best I’ve seen Bale play for a long time.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Still a great performance by Bale. Two outstanding assists. Say what you like about him, he enjoys playing for Wales unlike some other players I can recall.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Can anyone tell me what Kieffer Moore used to do before he was a footballer? Nobody on the telly is talking about it... :rolleyes:

Joking aside, an excellent performance from Wales today. Should've been a rugby score though!

EDIT:
What a strike by Italy's Locatelli there! 2-0 now, and the golden-boot race opens up...

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What a strike by Italy's Locatelli there! 2-0 now, and the golden-boot race opens up...

The changes Italy have made over the last few years make them look a strong contender to get to the final. If I was going to put any money on a team I think it’d probably be them actually.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The changes Italy have made over the last few years make them look a strong contender to get to the final. If I was going to put any money on a team I think it’d probably be them actually.
I haven't put a bet on this time, but I usually do. I always seem to overlook Italy for some reason, and they do look like real contenders this time around. A France Italy final would be great for the neutrals!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Still a great performance by Bale. Two outstanding assists. Say what you like about him, he enjoys playing for Wales unlike some other players I can recall.

No problem with Bale, apart from his top knot but that is just jealousy ;)

What a strike by Italy's Locatelli there! 2-0 now, and the golden-boot race opens up.

The first goal is the best. Locatelli starts it with a nice volleyed pass out wide then runs 2/3's of the field to round of the goal.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I haven't put a bet on this time, but I usually do. I always seem to overlook Italy for some reason, and they do look like real contenders this time around. A France Italy final would be great for the neutrals!

Blimey it feels like we’ve had a few of them over the years.
I was in Menton in France (right by the Italian border) watching the Euro 2000 final between the two teams when France won it. We went out on the town after the game and it was absolutely bonkers. :lol:
I’d love to experience something like that with England.

Butts

Veteran Member

Well done Wales.

Poor Ryan Giggs missing all the action, wonder if he will ever be back at the helm.

scotrail158713

Established Member
Loved the 'unbiased' commentary from Robbie Savage. Though to be fair I was also surprised by Bale's choice not to stick in the corner though I guess it worked out :lol:
I'm sure Jermaine Jenas or whoever it was co-commentating was perfectly balanced against Croatia last Sunday :D

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Denmark taking the lead against Belgium and bossing the game so far. Obviously still very early but great to see. Them having a right go at it is as much a fitting gesture to Eriksen as anything else would be!

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I'd much prefer the 1967 one when we "Won the World Cup" and the match 3-2 :E

Did Scotland went on to win the World Cup in 1978, or was that the media frenzy believing/brainwashing people into thinking they had?

PS I would like both England and Scotland to go through to the next round today, but would depend upon the Croatia v Czech Republic match which kicks off earlier.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Denmark had chances to put the game beyond Belgium, didn't and paid the price when the Belgique big guns fired up. Same for Hungary the other night v Portugal. Beaten, harshly, 3-0 but had chances at 0-0.

For England tonight it is like a tricky FA cup clash for a big team. You have to impose yourself, play your game, and not get dragged down to the level Scotland want.

Robertson is a big threat for Scotland. I suspect Tierney will play and Adams up front but Scotland surely cant be as direct as they were in the Czech game.

SteveM70

Established Member
For work I chair a weekly client call on Friday afternoons. Audience is roughly 50% English, 50% Scottish. What approach should I take today..?

Postpone it in favour of an early finish and go to the pub?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
For work I chair a weekly client call on Friday afternoons. Audience is roughly 50% English, 50% Scottish. What approach should I take today..?

Tell them this game is like the England Cricket team having to play a county side. Should go down well.

gnolife

Established Member
Tell them this game is like the England Cricket team having to play a county side. Should go down well.
Assuming you're having the county side as your equivalent of Scotland, that to me seems like saying you think Scotland are goimg to flatten England, given England's recent test performances

Status
Not open for further replies.