• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK Truck Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinz57

Hi all,

Has anybody else tried this? It's made by the same people as Euro Truck Simulator. It follows a simaler idea, accept this time you are just in the UK. You beggin working for a haulage company, but a bit further on you progress by purchasing your own truck and going freelance.

Its a great game, the minuite it arrived I waved goodbye to my degree.

Here is my overall verdict on the game:

A nice selection of cities, however, they would have added a few more - Leeds and Nottingham. Wales seems a little bare, so they should have added another city here, like Bangor.

There's a good selection of trucks, ranging in differant classes from the 'bog standard' and slower 'C' class to the more luxorious and faster 'A' classes (When I say fast, I mean fast, I clocked up about 92mph in one of these, with a fully loaded trailer)

There are a few differant brands of trucks. The names arn't real names, but they have a strong resembalence to the real names for example 'Ivedo' (Iveco) and 'DAV' (DAF) and so on. I quite like this, is adds a little novalty to the game. The game publishers also got permision to add a real brand name to the game - MAN

A good road layout, but some of it needs to be improved a little - the slip roads on and off the main duel carrigeways arn't quite right. For example, if you are traveling in the left hand lane, this leads straight into the slip road, as in real life on most you have to turn off the lane into the slip road. So that means around the motorway junctions the road goes down to two lanes. All the cities seem to have a simaler road layout. They should have tried to alter the layout a little on each city.

The city size is OK, but they should have made London a little bigger than the rest, seeing as its the capital.

There is alot of AI vehcles, which is good. But the AI need to review there highway code a little I reckon.

There is plenty of differant types of cargo to deliver, and differant types of trailer. And as in real life you have to get differant types of license to haul things like checmicals.

So thats just my thoughts on the game. Overall I think its great. I'd recomend it to anyone whos interested in simulator games.

Has anyone else played it yet?

Heinz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Heinz57

Is the steering better than ETS?

Loads better, its a lot easyer to control the trucks. Some of the 'C' class models 'drift' a little, but that depends on what speed your going.

They can have a tight turning radius which is great for manuvering around depots etc

MrWhippyO

Is the steering better than ETS?
I always found that the brakes died on my controller, usually resulting in a written off truck, but that may be a problem with the driver for the controller.

rasta31327

i've been playing the game and haven't been able to find an ivedo A class yet i see them driving around and in peoples videos and screenshots, do you know where i can buy one of these trucks????

TrainfanBen

i've been playing the game and haven't been able to find an ivedo A class yet i see them driving around and in peoples videos and screenshots, do you know where i can buy one of these trucks????

I was familiar with that game. But I no longer have it on my computer.
If I remember correctly, if you have an "upgraded" garage, you can go straight into a menu (somewhere under F5 [Default key command] (wether driving or actually in your garage) and purchase any lorry.
(IF you have the money)

Once purchased, you can decide which garage you want it to be delivered to (If you have multiple garages)

There is no fuel cost in delivery. Its actually cheaper, because you dont have to drive to the opposite end of the country looking for it.
BTW, if your already on a delivery, your not wasting time, as it actually pauses the game.

Hope this helps. :)

rasta31327

I was familiar with that game. But I no longer have it on my computer.
If I remember correctly, if you have an "upgraded" garage, you can go straight into a menu (somewhere under F5 [Default key command] (wether driving or actually in your garage) and purchase any lorry.
(IF you have the money)

Once purchased, you can decide which garage you want it to be delivered to (If you have multiple garages)

There is no fuel cost in delivery. Its actually cheaper, because you dont have to drive to the opposite end of the country looking for it.
BTW, if your already on a delivery, your not wasting time, as it actually pauses the game.

Hope this helps. :)

thanks, i will try that, i just need to get some garages then :D

Gavelex

If you have the right mods - this game is awesome. Loads of mods available here: http://www.crockettsetshouse.org.uk/forum/
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

As you go through the levels things unlock, off the top of my head I can think of the Merc, Renault and Volvo getting unlocked on various levels.

Established Member

The garage in Glasgow is the only place I've found that sells them.

As mentioned, the alternative is to have an upgraded garage and buy direct from there.

Heinz57

I managed to track one down in one of the three larger truck dealers. If not, as the others say, upgrade your garage and get one 'online'

The Ivedo A classes are very smart trucks. Quite fast too - I managed over 90mph with a fully loaded trailer :lol:

Gavelex

I've got all my depot's upgraded and all of them are running at full capacity - with a fleet of Eddie Stobart livery Merc's :D

Heinz57

I managed to get my class A MAN TGX up to 97 with a trailer :D

Yeah I think thats roughly what I got. Still havn't quite reached the magic 100 yet :lol::lol:

I've got all my depot's upgraded and all of them are running at full capacity - with a fleet of Eddie Stobart livery Merc's :D

Wow that must have cost a few quid! How many depots do you have? Atm I have 6, one of them is upgraded (My Sheffield one, which I like to think as my main base). Some of them arn't full yet. What I plan to do, is buy one in every city and fill them all up, and then start making the money to upgrade all the depots.

Heinz57

Thats like all the cities!

Whats your fleet looking like? All my staff drive fully upgraded B classes, a mixture of manufacturers. I eventualy want to upgrade them all to upgraded A classes. I drive a fully upgraded Ivedo A class

Gavelex

That is all the cities ;)

My fleet is all top range Merc's in Eddie Stobart livery, all upgraded to have the best fuel efficiency apart from Aberdeen.

Aberdeen was my trial upgrade that told me upgrading the handling etc on other peoples trucks did nothing in reality, but upgrading the fuel saved me £££.

I've got a couple of MAN's in Dover too, also in Eddie Stobart but the wheels don't display properly on my PC... Must try and fix that, I much prefer driving MAN's!

Heinz57

So its only fuel efficency that effects the other peoples trucks? That could save me a few quid on upgrades, having only to do that one.

Do you have a link direct to the Eddie Stobart download? I couldn't find it from your original link a few posts back

Cheers

HST Power

Established Member
Bought my own A Class a few weeks ago. It's one fast truck, and I've been putting the power down on the M25. Only problem is, the speeding tickets are rolling in and I'm shelling out a fortune on fuel! ;)

Adam_Harrison

i'v changed the weight of the trailers so it makes more sense to get an A class truck :D!

Also here are some screen shots i'v taken :)!

Attachments

• ukts_00012.png
    ukts_00012.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • ukts_00019.png
    ukts_00019.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • ukts_00083.png
    ukts_00083.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • ukts_00098.png
    ukts_00098.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

HST Power

Established Member
i'v changed the weight of the trailers so it makes more sense to get an A class truck :D!

Great screenshots! I'll try and get some of my own later, but firstly, two questions.

1) How do you get the Morrisons/DHL trailers?
2) You said you changed trailer weight. Did you do this by editing the file text in notepad?

Adam_Harrison

The DHL and Morrisons trailers are part of Sparkys 1.4 mod.

To change the trailer weights i made a new .scs file and added the trailer definitions :)! in there i can change the weight :P! but i'v suited it to A class trucks :)!

HST Power

Established Member
To change the trailer weights i made a new .scs file and added the trailer definitions :)! in there i can change the weight :P! but i'v suited it to A class trucks :)!

Do you know if it is possible to switch off the speed limits?

Adam_Harrison

You can turn the police off that would be 10000 times easier :P Go into;
\Documents\UK Truck Simulator then open the Config.cfg file in notepad then change

uset g_police "1"
to
uset g_police "0"

That should stop you getting any fines :)! you can still loose money for damaged cargoes but no speeding tickets or crash fines ect

Status
Not open for further replies.