• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Underground CSA full time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Smith

Hey guys! I just did my test for CSA 2 on Nov 6th.... roughly how long did you guys have to wait to get a response back telling you if you were successful or not with making it to the role play and final interview process? I am just so nervous and wanna know the out come!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gunner4lyf94

Hey guys! I just did my test for CSA 2 on Nov 6th.... roughly how long did you guys have to wait to get a response back telling you if you were successful or not with making it to the role play and final interview process? I am just so nervous and wanna know the out come!

Hi amy,

Is this assessment centre 1? If so I heard back after about 7 working days. I am currently waiting myself on the outcome of my assessment centre part 2! My fingers are crossed!

Amy Smith

Hi amy,

Is this assessment centre 1? If so I heard back after about 7 working days. I am currently waiting myself on the outcome of my assessment centre part 2! My fingers are crossed!

I think it is assessment centre 1.... i haven't done the role play and final interview yet

Railroader22

Hey Amy.
I did my AC1 7 days ago. Still waiting to hear back with the results. I hate the waiting too.

Nevergiveup

I’m in same situation atm, applies to over 5 diff Tocs in the last 6 months and only Abelio accepted my application all others rejected it
Ladder23

If its any conselation, I've had a handful of TOC applications fail at the paper sift and I'll be honest a couple of the jobs I could have nailed! I've got 15 years in the police and prior to that I worked for a local authority council in IT so my experience in customer based situations is second to none but for some reason I've been overlooked a few times during the selection process and I've often been left baffled by the decisions made by respective HRs. I'll be honest and say that it is a lottery most of the time, but the biggest issues for everyone is the volume of applicants for each role which makes getting passed guest base extremely difficult. Just keep trying mate.

C J

Stigy

Established Member
I'm presently working for a vehicle leasing company and my contract states I get 25 days annual leave. However, I get a days leave deducted for each of the public holidays. Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, two May Bank Holidays and one in August equals eight days I lose automatically!!! In addition to this, some years have seen the 27th & 28th December and the 2nd or 3rd January become public holidays if Xmas and New Year fall on a weekend. Therefore that would leave me with 14 days left in a bad year. I've only been there a few months and I'm planning on jumping ship before the end of the year as it's an appalling company to work for. I personally don't think any public holidays should sap your annual leave but alot of businesses seem to get away with tactics like this.

C J
You’ll find the railway makes you take Xmas day and Boxing Day as A/L if you’re rostered to work usually...

Amy Smith

Update Guys... i phoned the tfl recruitment team to see if they knew anything about the outcome of my test and they said they still haven't recieved anyone's results yet and won't be available until this Monday afternoon...

Railroader22

Update Guys... i phoned the tfl recruitment team to see if they knew anything about the outcome of my test and they said they still haven't recieved anyone's results yet and won't be available until this Monday afternoon...
Thanks Amy,

That’s good to know.
Now I don’t have to check my emails every 2 seconds :)

Gunner4lyf94

Emailed today too and was told early next week! Fingers crossed!

Railroader22

They were unable to give me a start date yet. Was hoping if anyone knows how long the wait might be? And goodluck everyone else!
My understanding is that it’s usually 6-12 months before CSA’s usually start after being offered the role.
You will have to do a medical probably in about a month and then go through referencing (basic stuff) then uniform fitting and then start classroom training.

Gunner4lyf94

My understanding is that it’s usually 6-12 months before CSA’s usually start after being offered the role.
You will have to do a medical probably in about a month and then go through referencing (basic stuff) then uniform fitting and then start classroom training.

Thank you for the insight! Hopefully it is very quick! (6 months max) Fingers crossed Haha! Need to complete the medical questionnaire they've sent and send it back!

JaMa9

The results still haven't come in guys...

If your test was 11 Nov you should hear by today at latest. If not give them a call tomorrow.

They were unable to give me a start date yet. Was hoping if anyone knows how long the wait might be? And goodluck everyone else!

I got job offer beginning November, they offered training for December, however my training now starts 27th January as I had to arrange childcare. Not sure if they will have any December slots left now as she said they fill very quickly so you may get January like myself. I have my medical beginning December, the process seems to be going quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.