• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Underground CSA full time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ladder23

Established Member
What backgrounds do you guys have who weren’t successful? I’m with network rail as part of s&t and have a strong cv with good experience of customer relations and hands on rail etc, but didn’t get past the initial seive.

Sifyu

What backgrounds do you guys have who weren’t successful? I’m with network rail as part of s&t and have a strong cv with good experience of customer relations and hands on rail etc, but didn’t get past the initial seive.
You'll find background isn't too relevant when it comes to applying for TFL.

It's usually on the basis of your application, competencies if you reach the interview & luck. Recruitment at TFL can sometimes be a tick-box exercise...
But backgrounds range massively.

Railroader22

Just spoken to recruitment. They said no medical appointments available until March and they have no idea when training will be.

Gunner4lyf94

Just spoken to recruitment. They said no medical appointments available until March and they have no idea when training will be.

Ahh man! They were telling me medical dates would be in February 2 weeks ago! Now its changed :( Would rather be told ahead of time so atleast I know its confirmed! Like "your medical will be 25th march". Hopefully it wont be long though!

Jellytots898

Hi all! My partner has csa ac2 coming up and cannot find any info in the email regarding the questions they ask as they previously used to put the competency questions in the email.

To those that have sat this most recent campaign can you give me any details on the questions you were asked and your role play example please I would be very grateful.

Railroader22

Still nothing mate! I have a feeling it could be a long wait Haha. Previous campaigns have seen csas start between 6-12 months after they get a job offer! Have you emailed them lately?
I haven’t spoke to recruitment in a while. 3 months I’ve been waiting since conditional offer. It will happen, but it’s a long wait.

Gunner4lyf94

I haven’t spoke to recruitment in a while. 3 months I’ve been waiting since conditional offer. It will happen, but it’s a long wait.
Been waiting the same! I've given up emailing them now, as I dont want to seem annoying Haha. Let me know if you hear anything!

Gunner4lyf94

Had a call from TFL on friday! I start training 13th april! With my medical and contract signing at the end of this month!

Railroader22

Im so excited! I got my conditional offer around the end of november! So it shouldnt be long till you get your dates!
I bet you are! Hopefully I won’t be too far behind you then. Keep us updated mate, how training is and where you get posted etc. And good luck

Railroader22

Gunner, do you know if you are still going ahead with your medical/training or have TFL contacted you to say it has been postponed? I understand 20% of TFL workers are in isolation so there is a need for staff.

Gunner4lyf94

Gunner, do you know if you are still going ahead with your medical/training or have TFL contacted you to say it has been postponed? I understand 20% of TFL workers are in isolation so there is a need for staff.

I have had my medical yesterday and have my contract signing on thursday ( havnt been told this is called off yet). As for the training they emailed asking if we were still interested/fit in doing the training. Because government guidelines say if you're sick/or in contact with family members who are then you should self isolate. But currently I am not I'll, nor are any of my household so I am still currently doing the training as it stands! Key information was that TFL are key workers so they will continue to run things till told otherwise.

Will update! I'm hoping to atleast sign my contract this Thursday!

Railroader22

I have had my medical yesterday and have my contract signing on thursday ( havnt been told this is called off yet). As for the training they emailed asking if we were still interested/fit in doing the training. Because government guidelines say if you're sick/or in contact with family members who are then you should self isolate. But currently I am not I'll, nor are any of my household so I am still currently doing the training as it stands! Key information was that TFL are key workers so they will continue to run things till told otherwise.

Will update! I'm hoping to atleast sign my contract this Thursday!
Ok mate, thanks for updating me. Keep me posted on how it’s all going.

Gunner4lyf94

Ok mate, thanks for updating me. Keep me posted on how it’s all going.

Very disappointing news! Was called/emailed that the training had been postponed till a further day until this Coronavirus blows over. Told me I would be first to be called once they're back running the training again! Annoying! But its sensible considering other peoples health are at stake at the moment.

Railroader22

Very disappointing news! Was called/emailed that the training had been postponed till a further day until this Coronavirus blows over. Told me I would be first to be called once they're back running the training again! Annoying! But its sensible considering other peoples health are at stake at the moment.
Sorry to hear that Gunner. Mega frustrating, but understandable in these unprecedented times.

Status
Not open for further replies.