• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Understandings the NRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTrain

Having just read the article on ticket routings and wonder if someone can clarify my understanding.

With an any permitted route ticket :-

If i traveled from Medowhall to Swinton, which are both routing points and both appearing on map CE, is there anything to stop me from going via Wakefield, Leeds, York and Doncaster. Stopping my journey short at York ?

I guess a ticket from Medowhall to Swinton will be a lot cheaper than one from Medowhall to York ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
Yes there is, and that is that Meadowhall - Swinton is only permitted on map YL!

http://www.atoc.org/clientfiles/File/permitted_route_identifier (version RGL WGN amended 140213).pdf

There are other 'local' journeys where map CE is actually permitted, such as Chinley - Pontefract where you could potentially do this, but the other thing preventing this is train staff telling you that you can't - often they don't care what is permitted by the rules, and will say 'no', if you appear to be taking the ****.

MrTrain

Ah, I think I get the hang of this.

Thus a normal SDR fare from chinley - York would be £24.60 but from Chinley to Pontefract would only be £18.90 going via York and stopping short of the destination I.e at York.

Fares from brfares

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, in the fashion of sort of a loop, but expect to be challenged if checked near Leeds/York.

Status
Not open for further replies.