• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unique services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Established Member
Looe branch - the only route where the majority of trains reverse just outside a station (Coombe), with very few trains running into the platform to reverse despite only being about 7 or 8 coach lengths beyond the junction.
I'll add another one for the Looe shuttle...

...It's the only service in the World to terminate at a station named after an item of bathroom furniture! :lol::p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Sorry to be so obvious (and not even to think of translations into other languages, as I was about to)... but, well, only if no trains ever terminate at Bath....

Death

Established Member
but, well, only if no trains ever terminate at Bath....
I can't believe I completely missed that! :shock:
(Although I think I might have a reasonable excuse: I never use the bath...I much prefer showers ye see! :))

I was originally going to label the Looe shuttle as being the only service that winds up in a big pile of sh*t...But then I remembered the hundreds of commuter services into London every morning! :lol:

12CSVT

Established Member
I'll add another one for the Looe shuttle...

...It's the only service in the World to terminate at a station named after an item of bathroom furniture! :lol::p

Bognor Regis ?

Established Member
The 20:15 Newhaven Marine - Lewes. The only train a day to serve Newhaven Marine, and even then you can't get on or off for safety reasons :lol:

Statto

Established Member
Four Oaks to Longbridge, New St to Coventry, New St to Wolverhampton, Birmingham International to Walsall, Nottingham to Cardiff Central, New St to Leicester......

Well, you get the gist.

Also Merseyrail Wirral line as trains run as a circular, West Kirby-West Kirby/New Brighton-New Brighton & Ellesmere Port-Ellesmere Port

Status
Not open for further replies.