• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victa Westlink hire DRS Class 66's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The Railway Magazine reports Victa have leased 2 DRS Class 66's and will order 6 of its own

Also, do Victa own 47832 outright?

I think Victa own 47832. Im intrigued why they have hired 66s considering they arnt running any freight at the moment

1VWC

I think Victa own 47832. Im intrigued why they have hired 66s considering they arnt running any freight at the moment

In the pipeline...

Having 66s ready and waiting, along with the route knowledge that their crews have can only aid the process of being awarded contracts.

Oh and Victa do own 47832 outright.

1VWC

Hire starts on Monday and operation commences on Tuesday.

66 from DRS and will run Crewe-Long Marston to collect the intermodal wagons for commencement of their new flow.

1VWC

Hire starts on Monday and operation commences on Tuesday.

66 from DRS and will run Crewe-Long Marston to collect the intermodal wagons for commencement of their new flow.

Nicely copied by matt onto one of the gen lists...not a word of a credit <(

You now just have to hope that I wasn't leading you up the garden path...

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sorry 1VWC. I have now credited you. Thanks

The Snap

Established Member
victa_66.jpg

A scan of the Hertfordshire Railtours brochure, showing their 66 mock-up. Interesting...:)

1VWC

Code:
66419 Xhim Greslnrc 420z661610 F Longmstn N

You get the idea, haven't got time today to fanny about trying to make it all caps.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ah, so you were right. Someone yesterday was saying it was other drs tracion, obviously must have changed again

RJ

Established Member
The Victa crew for tomorrow's Chaddesden - Purfleet run confirmed its booked a 66 a couple of days ago, unusual opportunity to get a southbound freight on the M ML in the afternoon.

1VWC

66419 Chaddesden-Purfleet-Crewe (Yesterday/Last Night)

66417 Crewe-Grangemouth (This Morning)

Conveyed fresh air, though should return south with a full load...

Status
Not open for further replies.