• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Managers Looking at 397's - Possibly for Proposed Open Access Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JLUK144

Great to see other companies taking an interest in the 397. They look quite good and would be ideal for Virgin’s OAO proposal.

samuelmorris

Established Member
The amount of open access operator proposals on the WCML using non-tilt stock is increasing. I wonder if eventually this will become enough of a problem to warrant work being carried out to permit 125mph non-tilt operation?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The amount of open access operator proposals on the WCML using non-tilt stock is increasing. I wonder if eventually this will become enough of a problem to warrant work being carried out to permit 125mph non-tilt operation?

There's certainly a reasonable case for looking at this north of Crewe for HS2 classic compatible stock not to have to run more slowly (though the Alstom bid does propose tilt if I recall correctly). South of Crewe post-HS2 a general speed of 110mph might actually be acceptable, because the service will be recast anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.