• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains railcard offer ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellfire

Has it now backed down to "systemic abuse"? I thought it was previously "provided there was no evidence it had been deliberately done cto save money", which in this case *would* be fairly obvious.

But doing something to save money isn't an offence or split ticketing would be against the rules. I was after a clear explanation of what precise paragraph in the RoRA or Railway Byelaws specifically creates an offence of buying a ticket from station A to station C but deciding, for whatever reason, to join at intermediate station B.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thebigcheese

Well I complained via their web form and have now been offered a free first class return anywhere on their network - worth complaining if you're affected!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
But doing something to save money isn't an offence or split ticketing would be against the rules. I was after a clear explanation of what precise paragraph in the RoRA or Railway Byelaws specifically creates an offence of buying a ticket from station A to station C but deciding, for whatever reason, to join at intermediate station B.
It's a breach of the ticket T&C making the ticket invalid, meaning the passenger has joined without a ticket.

najaB

Veteran Member
Advance tickets don't allow break of journey or starting short. So in this example passenger doesn't have a valid ticket if they join the train at Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.