• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Voter ID

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
All of the issues raised in that video are valid. For electronic voting machines they can be largely eradicated by triplicating the system - three different software vendors, three different data stores, three different counts.

Allegedly it works for Airbus, and in a largely moderate country airliners falling out of the sky would be more of a concern than a few fraudulent votes.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Thanks @yorkie! Just a quick post to remind anyone who doesn't yet have acceptable photo ID for voting (a passport or driving license would probably be the main options for most people): You can get a free Voter Authority Certificate that will serve as photo-ID, but if you want it in time for the May local elections, the deadline is 5pm this Wednesday, 24 April. You can apply for photo ID here: https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/voting-and-elections/voter-id/accepted-forms-photo-id.

I just applied, partly out of curiosity, and partly because I don't know where my passport or driving license are - not used either for several years - and and I figured it was quicker to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate than to go hunting for them. You need your national insurance number, date of birth and a digital passport-style photo. With those details I reckon it took me barely a minute to apply online, if that.