• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VXC HST Hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Definately via ECML both ways, not sure if Leeds or Donny from Sheffield.
No VXC beyond Preston on the West Coast-not sure how they've managed to get away with that one. I think there are going to be a few Brum-Glasgows run by VWCs but with Voyagers so if someone could show me the logic in that it'd be good.

WSXFan, via Bath and Castle Cary M-Fs outward, FX return as main line is open on Friday afternoons-hence it departs an hour later to pick up same path from Bristol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
OK, cheers for that, if it went via the WCML, I'd DEFINATELY be there! I'll see what can be done on that Edinburgh run.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Definately via ECML both ways, not sure if Leeds or Donny from Sheffield.
No VXC beyond Preston on the West Coast-not sure how they've managed to get away with that one. I think there are going to be a few Brum-Glasgows run by VWCs but with Voyagers so if someone could show me the logic in that it'd be good.

WSXFan, via Bath and Castle Cary M-Fs outward, FX return as main line is open on Friday afternoons-hence it departs an hour later to pick up same path from Bristol

OK, cheers, any times off Taunton to Bristol Parkway or Temple Meads at all? FGW's ticketing website refuses to find anything bar a bus at 2110 on Thursday!

Established Member
Assuming NRES is correct, it should be

1651 off Taunton arrives Temple Meads 1758, Parkway 1837.
1107 off Temple Meads on the southbound run (arrives 1041)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
OK, cheers for that, if it went via the WCML, I'd DEFINATELY be there! I'll see what can be done on that Edinburgh run.
You could have got WCML HST action when GNER were diverted via Carlisle/Carstairs last month ;)

Jim

Established Member
Via Westbury for 4 weeks IIRC, check NRES' P-way section

Jim

Established Member
Assuming NRES is correct, it should be

1651 off Taunton arrives Temple Meads 1758, Parkway 1837.
1107 off Temple Meads on the southbound run (arrives 1041)

20 mins slack at BTM :o

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Bit of a long trek for us down south for only a HST..

Aye, but I'm usually desperate to do them...

As it is, I DID do a HST on the GNER diversions over the Tyne Valley, but only as far as Carlisle so I could go home the next morning. If I could have done, I'd have taken it to Edinburgh. Mind, on that run it was gone 2200 at Carlisle, so it would have been far too cold and dark to do H-O for long! I daresay the thrash would have been superb though!

EDIT: Thanks for those times there 87015. I trust that's 1025 off Parkway as per the last time it did the run off Leeds. Long time at BTM though! Might have to catch it off there...I'll have a gander...I can get there for 1018 it appears if I get the 0849, which means a Standard Day Single to Abergavenny to legitimise the bash...Hmm, we'll see what happens there. Amazing it appears I SHOULD be able to get back from the bash in time for the last bus too!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
So, does anybody know the longevity of this new diagram? Will it survive the TT change?

It will last till the timetable change then switch to Edinburgh via East Coast diagram

metrocammel

Mon-Sats 0803 Brum-Edinburgh, 1405 (IIRC) return from timetable change which sounds like a very soicable diagram

EDIT:
Ive now heard it will not do this diagram, (and also it is due to go off lease from VXC after the TT change) - gen from a reliable HST source.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
EDIT:
Ive now heard it will not do this diagram, (and also it is due to go off lease from VXC after the TT change) - gen from a reliable HST source.

Not what I have seen elsewhere. The MML Hst will be on loan till April at least until 221136 returns

Established Member
Riot today, slipped to stand on Devon Banks, ran hours late!
Men on the train not impressed!

T

Tom

You have to give credit to VT where its due though - they did run an additional service "on time" from BTM.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Riot today, slipped to stand on Devon Banks, ran hours late!
Men on the train not impressed!

Not surprised...I'd be fuming, if I had been at Taunton for it and given nothing but a stinking Voyager or slow 143 via Weston-super-Mare...

Didn't do it this week on my day off, as I figured that the same route SHOULD feature in next summer's Summer Saturday HST diagrams, so will do it then. In any case, I MORE than made up for it yesterday, having got no less than ELEVEN HST bashes in, of which ten of the sets were different ones (would have been eleven, but I had one set into Swansea and back out). That seriously boosted my HST mileage figures...Also now secured no less than 121 HST power cars for haulage too, with the addition of 43121 (from discovery and memories of that bash from Crewe to Chester with 43068 leading, 121 pushing in 2004) and 43198 from Cardiff Central to Newport (Gwent) yesterday. Get in there my son!:diabloan:

T

Tom

1V29 running today with 43081 & 43060 dep Sheffield R/T

Ta D172

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Per chance did you notice the thrash out of them?

I managed to secure footage of it arriving at BTM as well as while it waited there before departing with me on board right behind 081 on the 1828 off BTM towards Parkway.

Thrash-tastic is the only way to describe those two beasts! Took me to 124 power cars secured for haulage! :flail:

CallySleeper

Established Member
From Monday, the following will become HST operated:

1S41 08.03 Birmingham New Street - Edinburgh
1V72 14.05 Edinburgh - Birmingham New Street

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
43081 and 43060 were out today on Leeds to Plymouth etc

adambro

After reading all this post about Virgin running HST, I was slightly amused to end up on one of the said trains this morning. Was the 0705 Leeds-Plymouth, 43081 and 43060, as matt said yesterday. I was just on it from Leeds to Wakefield Westgate. Only got it because GNER had canceled their 0700 London Kings Cross service.

A few quick snaps from my phone, hence the poor quality:

image001qj4.jpg

image002nc3.jpg

image004vx6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.