• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warwickshire wanderer hastings tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomis1066

Another great day out on our preserved Hastings with it's mutiplicity of carriages forming this 6 car train. Stratford upon Avon was the destination and the train ran pretty much to time throughout and those who wanted to check out Shakespeare's neighbourhood had plenty of time to do just that.

Stratford upon Avon is yet another station turned into a terminus with the truncation there of a through main line to Cheltenham - and that is yet another reopening campaign that has been running some years.

On the subject of the CEP trailer in 1001 - well, I didn't much like it at first, I hated the things when they took over the Hastings Charing Cross route back in 1986 - but don't mind it now. Compared to today's austere 377/387 passenger interiors, it is comfortable, has leg room and the novelty of a view out of a window at every seat. Of course, I shall be exceedingly happy to see a Hastings trailer eventually replace it.

Whatever - looking forward to our next venture "off region".

Attachments

• WW 3.jpg
    WW 3.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 28
  • WW 4.jpg
    WW 4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 26
  • WW 8.jpg
    WW 8.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 27
  • WW 15.jpg
    WW 15.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 25
  • WW 13.jpg
    WW 13.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 29
  • WW 16.jpg
    WW 16.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 22
  • WW 11.jpg
    WW 11.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 25
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Glad the day went well.

I must admit, I have similar feelings about the CEP trailer and tend to book in a thumper trailer where possible. That said, I do get a pang of nostalgia walking through it on the way to the buffet car.

I can't see HDL replacing it myself, as it seems to be quite popular with the '1066 Electrics' generation!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Glad it was a good day, I would have gone on it, but it clashed with something else. i think they may be doing another trip in September, so I shall to do that one.

I too am not keen on the CEP & BIG carriages in the centre of the train, I think they do have some more traditional Hastings Narrow coaches, but presume they are not main line certificated yet.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Glad it was a good day, I would have gone on it, but it clashed with something else. i think they may be doing another trip in September, so I shall to do that one.

I too am not keen on the CEP & BIG carriages in the centre of the train, I think they do have some more traditional Hastings Narrow coaches, but presume they are not main line certificated yet.

They have two and a bit units worth of thumper stock, so there are plenty to choose from should they wish to restore one. Buffet car is a bit more difficult as the only Hastings guage one available had been converted into a lab and would have been too expensive to convert back.

Had a seat in the buffet coach and it was quite nice for a change, albeit a little too far from the loo for comfort, personally speaking !

Status
Not open for further replies.