• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML down fasts closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCML

The past three days on the 17:07, 16:33 and 16:07 off Euston the service has been routed via the down slow lines just south of Nuneaton and joined the fasts again at different points. Wednesday the train limped through Nuneaton and Atherstone before speeding up again, Thursday was fairly slow through Nuneaton, Atherstone and all the way to Tamworth, whilst today the service sped up again near Polesworth.

Have the lines been closed due to the warm weather, engineering, is there a TSR or just some strange pathing going on?

I've noticed other northbound services over the last few days have left Euston on time but have lost time before their first call.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
There was an announcement at Stafford this evening regarding a slightly late-running VT service northbound, apparently due to problems with lineside equipment near Amington. I'm not sure to what extent the heat is still an issue but from experiences today a few services kept getting ever so slightly later, perhaps implying a 110mph max in places?

WCML

There was an announcement at Stafford this evening regarding a slightly late-running VT service northbound, apparently due to problems with lineside equipment near Amington. I'm not sure to what extent the heat is still an issue but from experiences today a few services kept getting ever so slightly later, perhaps implying a 110mph max in places?

We're talking 20mph limits through Nuneaton I'd say on Wednesday/Thursday and I'd hazard a guess that we joined the fasts again around Amington.

Boodiggy

There is a defect within the junction that has meant there is a 5mph Emergency speed restriction on the down fast. Work planned Sat night

MK Tom

Established Member
I know it's not the same bit being discussed here but am I right in thinking the section immediately north of Rugby has the down fast and down slow reversed? It seems to really be random which one LM services use, but Virgin services mainly seem to use the outermost track.

Boodiggy

I know it's not the same bit being discussed here but am I right in thinking the section immediately north of Rugby has the down fast and down slow reversed? It seems to really be random which one LM services use, but Virgin services mainly seem to use the outermost track.

No change, outermost line is the down fast. Not sure why that happens with LM as I am not sure which line they are booked to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.