• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCRC Class 47 (Pair) The Channel Coast Express - Times Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

windoze11

Hello
does anyone have the days and times this is ment to come through to Barnetby ready for Mondays trip thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junglejames

Established Member
0603 and 2232 on Monday 25th
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh, and whilst it will be a pair of 47s, dont expect a double header. They will be top n tail, with only the leading loco working.

9K43

I have been on WCR trips all over last year with Cl 47 in charge.
I found the guards and drivers were very good at thier jobs and the engines were in fine fettle.
All the trains were T and T.
There were 2 loco failures one in Birmingham and the same engine again just north of York on another Green Charter.(Ex Dundee to Brum)
This involved propelling into York Station, the taking the engine off at the rear RR the train and off again.
This made the train about 40 mins down.

windoze11

Lo i think ya missed me point . I was looking for times in to Barnetby tommorow as they usually station them in the sidings over night there

acg5324

Can't find the ECS for today
Set the alarm early for Monday
5Z17 04+30 from Barnetby to Cleethorpes
Back at Barnetby arr 0600 dep 0603 :p

Boothby97

Established Member
Which Locomotives and Coaches will be used tomorrow. Don't know if I can be bothered to go down. Thanks
Sam.

Last edited:

junglejames

Established Member
Which Locomotives and Coaches will be used tomorrow. Don't know if I can be bothered to go down. Thanks
Sam.

Do you mean exact loco numbers? If so, I dont know. But it'll be two WCRC 47s (barring failure), probably top n tail, with a rake of WCRC Mk2s.

But thats the DRS boat train. We are just on about the railtours operated by WCRC, namely the ones organised by Railtourer.

Boothby97

Established Member
Yes, I do mean the exact numbers.
I knew it would be a Class 47, shame its not a Class 57.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Do you mean exact loco numbers? If so, I dont know. But it'll be two WCRC 47s (barring failure), probably top n tail, with a rake of WCRC Mk2s.

But thats the DRS boat train. We are just on about the railtours operated by WCRC, namely the ones organised by Railtourer.

Bugger - didnt realise there were two types! :oops:

Jonny

Established Member
0603 and 2232 on Monday 25th
Oh, and whilst it will be a pair of 47s, dont expect a double header. They will be top n tail, with only the leading loco working.

What about having the trailing loco providing ETH - as in electric train heat? The extra man in the back class 47 to supervise may be cheaper than running both off a single class 67.

It might need the extra power for a run on the ECML to keep within its slot ("path" in rail industry terms?)

junglejames

Established Member
What about having the trailing loco providing ETH - as in electric train heat? The extra man in the back class 47 to supervise may be cheaper than running both off a single class 67.

It might need the extra power for a run on the ECML to keep within its slot ("path" in rail industry terms?)

Single class 67? Do you mean 47?

Anyway, ive no doubt theyve looked at the costs, and if a single 47 has adequate power to power the train and provide ETH, then its no doubt cheaper than running the rear loco just for ETH.
Also whenever ive been with Railtourer, the single 47 performs admirably. No problems at all, hauling the whole train, plus dead 47. Always enough power for the ETH as well.

Jonny

Established Member
Single class 67? Do you mean 47?

Anyway, ive no doubt theyve looked at the costs, and if a single 47 has adequate power to power the train and provide ETH, then its no doubt cheaper than running the rear loco just for ETH.
Also whenever ive been with Railtourer, the single 47 performs admirably. No problems at all, hauling the whole train, plus dead 47. Always enough power for the ETH as well.

Actually, I wasn't sure about the power requirements. I meant if the power required to keep to time and provide heat was just above that which a class 47 could give - let's just say that I was thinking what if a train needed the equivalent of 2500hp to keep to time (especially on major main lines) and electric train heat on top; in particular I was thinking of a scenario where a single class 57 (57/3 spec.) would just do, but there weren't any and, all-in, the 2580hp from a single class 47 wasn't quite enough (a class 67 being the alternative, somewhere north of 3000hp and able to provide train heat).

junglejames

Established Member
Actually, I wasn't sure about the power requirements. I meant if the power required to keep to time and provide heat was just above that which a class 47 could give - let's just say that I was thinking what if a train needed the equivalent of 2500hp to keep to time (especially on major main lines) and electric train heat on top; in particular I was thinking of a scenario where a single class 57 (57/3 spec.) would just do, but there weren't any and, all-in, the 2580hp from a single class 47 wasn't quite enough (a class 67 being the alternative, somewhere north of 3000hp and able to provide train heat).

Well the single 47s never seem to have any problems. They do a marvelous job. Doing what they have always done. Powering along with the minimum of fuss, whilst leaking oil everywhere!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.