• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Lothian buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthewater

Established Member
Take it you’re being facetious?

Well this thread has been too serious and it's nice to lighten the mood. A nice tour of livingston why it could go to Blackburn and go past near susan boyle house :E

I don't think it was inappropriate humour, since livingston is were the buses are kept,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Well this thread has been too serious and it's nice to lighten the mood. A nice tour of livingston why it could go to Blackburn and go past near susan boyle house :E

I don't think it was inappropriate humour, since livingston is were the buses are kept,

Not inappropriate at all. Can't see why people wouldn't fancy grinding round the schemes of Livi and Bathgate on a pre-enjoyed open top Trident :lol:

In reality, you'd think it points to First (BBT) setting up another tour to rival Lothian? Working on the basis that every passenger they get takes £16 out of Lothian's wallet whilst in WL, every passenger Lothian attracts takes £x out of First's wallet? I'm sure Andrew Jarvis wouldn't mind if Lothian began seeing it that way!!

route101

Established Member
Should be possible by taking the difference between the estimated time at the next bus stop and the scheduled time

The tracker on finlaysmith.co.uk gives the ETA at bus stops, so it's in the API. I assume the scheduled times are also stored somewhere in the data feed so theoretically should be possible...

The EX services show up on the bus stop trackers , though did not turn up .

PaulMc7

Established Member
I'd imagine the tour would involve a route in Edinburgh. Only been to Livingston twice and tbh is there much to the area other than the shops, train stations and a hospital? Felt like I had seen what there is just by being in the town centre at the shops

A330Alex

Perhaps it could be targeted to Edinburgh residents rather than tourists. The "Thank God We Don't Live There" tour :lol:

scotrail158713

Established Member
I'd imagine the tour would involve a route in Edinburgh. Only been to Livingston twice and tbh is there much to the area other than the shops, train stations and a hospital? Felt like I had seen what there is just by being in the town centre at the shops
You could pass the Spaghettihad Tony Macaroni Arena :lol:

Darklord8899

.....a great way to regenerate the area.... Be on an open topped trident round livi with an ak-47 and some hand grenades :lol::lol::p:p

livi man

Have good laugh at new tour .
But don't think lothian will.
Then there is the park and ride starting next week .
Will lothian match the fares

scotrail158713

Established Member
Have good laugh at new tour .
But don't think lothian will.
Then there is the park and ride starting next week .
Will lothian match the fares
Fair play to First with the P&R. They’ve won me over although I’m not sure £2.40 a week is going to be a deal breaker for either.

Baileygirl

The £7.00 weekly can only be used from/to the park and ride. You can't use it Sighthill to Haymsrket for instance. Going to park and ride ride how will they check if you get off early?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The £7.00 weekly can only be used from/to the park and ride. You can't use it Sighthill to Haymsrket for instance. Going to park and ride ride how will they check if you get off early?

Probably won't be too bothered about that, but most buyers for that ticket will be getting on at the P&R anyway.

Stopper

due to running time issues in the morning and at night which will be fixed in the next round of timetable updates

Thanks. Another issue I have is the evening/night EX2 buses are obviously told to be heated, which is understandable. However, they are unbearably hot to the point I have felt like I’m going to faint the last few times.

Weemidi135

Thanks. Another issue I have is the evening/night EX2 buses are obviously told to be heated, which is understandable. However, they are unbearably hot to the point I have felt like I’m going to faint the last few times.

You can ask for the heating to be turned down

Stopper

You can ask for the heating to be turned down

You can, however it’s not the most comfortable thing to do in front a full bus. Plus, the heating isn’t even moderately acceptable, it’s painfully hot. This happens on every bus as some sort of default beyond 3pm, so I’d say it should be looked at by LCB.

Weemidi135

You can, however it’s not the most comfortable thing to do in front a full bus. Plus, the heating isn’t even moderately acceptable, it’s painfully hot. This happens on every bus as some sort of default beyond 3pm, so I’d say it should be looked at by LCB.

If the bus has been running since 3-4 am which most are then they are going to warmer that they where at 6-7am when you probably took your first journey also it’s not just the heating it depends where your sat on the bus to you could also open a window and I know that’s not an option on the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.