• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Lothian buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
So when do there plain to repaint them?

They're meant to be "spare" buses which can be used by LB, LCB & ECB. Can you imagine the fury within the 'Lothian police' if a company such as Stagecoach were running dealer white buses for long periods of time! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with running dealer white buses (provided they have fleet names at the bare least). However it's interesting to see the double standard that exists with enthusiasts.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darklord8899

I have to say, I do rather like the all white buses, possibly as it is a nice change from 36 different madder and white schemes :lol:;)

Driver362

We had 571/4 at the start of operating,plain white belong to Lothian,not Lcb ,but can be slotted in if need be ,591/4 have Lcb vinyl 's ,571/4 had Lcb ones removed and plain Lothian ones out back on ,but I guess til!.we have enough spare buses it is I think a workable solution? Is it not better than say running a madder bus on lcb work ? Just think of the drama that would cause

Driver362

Quite possibly, it’s not impossible, I’m guessing they would send a madder bus as opposed to no bus , but it’s very rare 63 to south queensferry is no problem as it’s madder singles, I have seen deckers on those and 20’s which are traditionally single deck routes

In Focus

When is the new depot going to be up and running ,seems to have went quiet again ,hearing it's the old council place on Deans industrial with a 15 year lease ?
Thought that might be a tight squeeze for 9phases if that's the plan.

overthewater

Established Member
When are the New First timetables going to be out? LCB should sort out the first 4 phrase first.

In Focus

When are the New First timetables going to be out? LCB should sort out the first 4 phrase first.
They are already out (online) ,not a lot for LCB to worry about except maybe a few on x27/x28 getting on this 26A connection Ladywell / Knightsridge to Bathgate although the route First are going will probably mean most will stick with LCB

overthewater

Established Member
Lets see if anyone else can spot the interesting point made here: https://www.firstgroup.com/south-ea...ice-updates/news/network-changes-west-lothian

First Scotland East are pleased to announce service improvements to it’s West Lothian network following feedback from Customers, Stakeholders and following attendance at various local community meetings.

Discussions are also ongoing with West Lothian Council regarding support for the reinstatement of the Loganlea and Blackburn/Bathgate link. First Scotland East would like to thank all customers and stakeholders for their feedback and continued support in West Lothian and Edinburgh areas.

In addition to this reinvestment into the West Lothian and Edinburgh networks, First Scotland East will be rolling out vehicle improvements in the area and look forward to customer feedback on these improvements in the new year

These changes include:

• Improved links from Livingston to Bathgate.

• More direct links to St John’s Hospital from Whitburn, Blackburn, Seafield and Livingston Village.

• Service 27 improved to offer new links to Livingston South station route through Dedridge simplified to offer both ways operation through the estate.

• Vast improvement of frequency to service 38 between Linlithgow and Edinburgh.
Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director for First Scotland East said: “We are pleased with the feedback and continued support we have received from our customers in West Lothian and surrounding areas over the past few months with the new network.

“We hope these revisions indicate our commitment to our long-term future in West Lothian. I look forward to further expansion and improvements to services in both West Lothian and surrounding areas going forward as we continue to connect West Lothian as we have done for more than a century.”

The full details of the changes are available here.

overthewater

Established Member
I put it in bold, that its in discussions about getting the council to party pay for that stupid and underused link. It would be cheaper with one bus.

In Focus

I put it in bold, that its in discussions about getting the council to party pay for that stupid and underused link. It would be cheaper with one bus.
I would imagine it will be just the one bus running Loganlea, Bents and Blackburn to Bathgate.

overthewater

Established Member
There might be money, I can say at least 10 tenders should have been taken out action by now.

In Focus

Unless the money growing on a tree somewhere the council don’t have the money for it
However the local MP Neil Findlay threw himself right into the debate and public meeting

I will be surprised if there is a Christmas tender this year
LCB will run a service .

overthewater

Established Member
LCB seem to be getting complaints about NOT stopping for passengers.. Alas I had the same trouble aswell.

Darklord8899

.....it wouldn't surprise me if some of those complaints come from people at stops where the bus doesn't stop....

Possible some (new) drivers don't know the stops where they *should* stop as well....

route101

Established Member
.....it wouldn't surprise me if some of those complaints come from people at stops where the bus doesn't stop....

Possible some (new) drivers don't know the stops where they *should* stop as well....

Unrelated but had LCB who didnt know what a plubus ticket , Lothian are good with those

Status
Not open for further replies.