• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you access the forum on?

What do you use to access RUK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
What do you use to access RailUk Forums?

Answer in the poll ;)

Edit please read

Sorry I forgot to add a closing date.

Could all Poll entries be in by Monday 5th August 17:30
So I can quickly conclude what is used most to access RailUk Forums :rf:

EDIT: Does anyone know how to change the poll so the results aren't public, if so could you please post or PM me

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Would complete it if the results weren't public, the stats are collected by the forum software anyway :smile:

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I can't see why anyone would want to keep the type of machine they are posting on confidential!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I personally use a Macbook Pro and my iPad (less often) to access the forum.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I normally use my HP Pavilion PC in my first floor study, but since being discharged from hospital and not reallly able to use stairs confidentally in these early days, I am using my wife's Toshiba laptop. So I have voted in both those sections.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Windows laptop and BlackBerry. The day I use an Apple product other than an iPod will be the day water begins to solidify in Hell.

Nym

Established Member
Windows laptop and BlackBerry. The day I use an Apple product other than an iPod will be the day water begins to solidify in Hell.

Yayyyy :)

I'm hardcore though, don't even use an iPod, I have considered purchasing an MacBook Air and installing Windows 7 on it, but only because of the size weight of it, but then re-considered and will now be buying a Lenovo (IBM Style).

SS4

Established Member

Yayyyy :)

I wanted a mac to try but tried one at the Bull Ring (not the Apple store) and was distinctly unimpressed, it's like Linux for hipsters (hardly surprising given both are unix based). Like Nym, I don't use an iPod mainly because there are better players out there.

Heinz57

I use a Windows desktop PC.

Occasionaly I might use a Windows Laptop.

No matter what I'm on I always use Firefox

JoeH

I had always been a Windows user and was actually quite anti Apple until only a few years ago. I would like to think though that I pick whatever is the best at the time rather than stubbornly sticking to one side.

I bought an iPhone a few years ago because I didn't think any other smart phones were remotely close to it. Obviously since then Androids have improved greatly but I still think the iPhone is better. I use an iPhone every day.

I bought a Macbook Pro based on the build quality which is far better than any Windows laptop I've seen including the so called 'premium' ones. Initially I had thought I would give OS X a go and then probably install Windows 7 on it but I really liked OS X so I never needed Windows. I now use the Macbook Pro every day for most things.

I still enjoy PC gaming and building gaming PCs so I have a Windows gaming desktop that I use frequently.

I also have a Windows 7 based HTPC in the living room.

Overall my Rail UK use is probably something like 80% Macbook Pro 10% iPhone 10% Windows desktop.

telstarbox

Established Member
Like Nym, I don't use an iPod mainly because there are better players out there.

Can anyone recommend an MP3 player with a capacity above 16GB that isn't an iPod? They seem to be the only large-capacity ones available these days. A few years ago you could buy Creative, iRiver and other devices in shops as well as online.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Personally, I use my Windows XP computer which I use for my CAD (Computer Aided Design) projects on, my Windows 7 Laptop for general use. If i'm on the go I either use my Ipod or Blackberry, depends which one I take with me. I haven't been able to use the Ipod recently as there appears to be an invalid API signature.

This message was sent from my PC

Lrd

Established Member
Used to only ever use Windows, had a shared Windows PC, my own Windows Laptop and even bought a Windows phone (HTC HD2) but I then decided to purchase a Macbook as they were supposedly more resilient and catered for my needs better and I have never looked back, I use my Macbook every day and have used Android for past 2 years. Will not even consider buying anything by Microsoft ever again, likewise I will never buy an iPhone as I believe they are utter rubbish and are no contenders over Android.

The only time I have to endure Windows is at work but we have Windows 7 so it's not so bad ;)

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Can anyone recommend an MP3 player with a capacity above 16GB that isn't an iPod? They seem to be the only large-capacity ones available these days. A few years ago you could buy Creative, iRiver and other devices in shops as well as online.

I have a Cowon D2 but that's three years old. Your best bet IMO is to get a device with an SD slot
A quick search on Google Shopping.
I've had no problem with Cowon although I think you'll be hard pushed to get a device 16gb without paying over the odds, flash memory seems to be the new thing.

telstarbox

Established Member
Thanks SS4 - I never thought of that even though my broken Creative player has a SD slot! Will do some research.

---

Back on topic, I use a Windows XP desktop at work, Windows 7 netbook at home, and BlackBerry when out and about. I find the mobile version of the forum works very well as it incorporates all the main functions (reading threads, writing/editing posts, subscribed threads and PMs).

Crossover

Established Member

You may find that comment backfires at some point :P

I have used the iPhone 4 (as I have to support the blooming things when they go wrong at work...which is too often for my liking, but that's a different story!), and it is much better than my Android...there again, I do only have a Wildfire S which is nowt on the iPhones power. Mainly, it is iTunes that winds me up no end, though!

Established Member
What do you use to access RailUk Forums?
Windows PC 99% of the time, very occasionally use a Windows laptop if I can get a Wifi signal whilst away. Don't bother using laptop with "dongle" or windows phone as I can't get either to stay logged in, also a phone is far too fiddly IMO to use for things like forums.

pdq

I mostly use a web browser on an Android smartphone. Can't see a poll option: is that because it isn't available on the mobile web skin?

starrymarkb

Established Member
Out of interest is there any reason why ipads are separate from tablets and same with ipod and iphone? - they are the same software running the same browser! Merging them could have given you space for more distinct devices (Android/Win Mob)

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Babbage Difference Engine

Cue the computer version of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch...

"You had it easy, we had to type it in 0's and 1's"
"Pah! Bunch of jessies, we had a typewriter and had to use O for 0 and l for 1"
"At least you had O's. All we had was ..." etc. etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.