• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What made you smile today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOVER29

Cocky little kid trying out stunts on his push scooter. Tried a jump & spin move & face planted.
Right into the biggest puddle for miles around.
His face when he got up was a picture.
Soaked to the skin.

made me laugh anyway

Finishing work this morning at 04:35, getting soaked walking across the car park & sighing as the barrier went up to let me out knowing I’ve got 3 days off & a family visit to London to see my nieces & nephews which is always a great day.

Oh and seeing that large puddle & remembering that kid face planting.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
A video of my 18 month old niece and my mum's new puppy striding across the room together like partners in crime.

ComUtoR

Established Member
The Mandalorian.. OoOooOOOOooo I just got the buzz back for Star Wars after disappointing few years.

Established Member
Finding out that the obnoxious and extremely abusive drunk that caused us a large delay this morning when he was physically dragged off the train wasn't as hard as he thought he was while he was balling his eyes out in the back of a Police van.

kermit

I'm not sure this should have made me smile, given, as has been widely pointed out, the gravity of the subject matter and the gross imbalance of power between the victims and the perpetrators. But maybe the victims could take some comfort from the widespread public reaction to "the interview", neatly summed up by one Charlie Proctor as;

“I expected a train wreck. That was a plane crashing into an oil tanker, causing a tsunami, triggering a nuclear explosion-level bad."

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Driving around in the van yesterday with Mrs C and our friends three year old daughter (both redheads) sat in the front with me, pretending that she was our new child.

fowler9

Established Member
Started reading "We Need To Talk About Kevin". Already it is brilliant. Also finishing the last book I read, HHhH which was amazing. A very good mate of mine can pick out a good book and generally passes them on to me.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Started reading "We Need To Talk About Kevin". Already it is brilliant. Also finishing the last book I read, HHhH which was amazing. A very good mate of mine can pick out a good book and generally passes them on to me.
I’ve been meaning to read this for ages.
Damn. Yet again I wish we lived closer to each other!

DaleCooper

Established Member

That sounds good but as I can't read (or write) I've bought the DVD.

Tracked

Established Member
I'm not sure this should have made me smile, given, as has been widely pointed out, the gravity of the subject matter and the gross imbalance of power between the victims and the perpetrators. But maybe the victims could take some comfort from the widespread public reaction to "the interview", neatly summed up by one Charlie Proctor as;

“I expected a train wreck. That was a plane crashing into an oil tanker, causing a tsunami, triggering a nuclear explosion-level bad."

Still chuckling at the reviews of a certain restaurant, then being inadvertently reminded of them by watching that War of the Worlds thing on the BBC iPlayer ...

and this (contains moderate bad language):

;)

scotrail158713

Established Member
Watching the Conservative broadcast on Channel 4 and Boris Johnson saying the Brexit deal is oven-ready - just bung it in the microwave.

DaleCooper

Established Member
What do your tits like to nibble on?

I think you've got that the wrong way round.

BTW - I had a look at the "We Need To Talk About Kevin" DVD yesterday but was rather disappointed. It was the same as all the others - round and shiny with a hole in the middle.

fowler9

Established Member
I’ve been meaning to read this for ages.
Damn. Yet again I wish we lived closer to each other!
I've not seen the film but a mate of mine who is an avid reader said to read the book first. It is really good (Whilst at the same time being horrific/disturbing).

DaleCooper

Established Member
I've not seen the film but a mate of mine who is an avid reader said to read the book first. It is really good (Whilst at the same time being horrific/disturbing).

I've seen the film and was not impressed, I suspect those who like the book would be disappointed. I certainly didn't find the film horrific nor disturbing although the subject matter should have been both.

fowler9

Established Member
I've seen the film and was not impressed, I suspect those who like the book would be disappointed. I certainly didn't find the film horrific nor disturbing although the subject matter should have been both.
Give the book a go chief, really good. Apologies in advance if you hate it. Ha ha.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Unfortunately I can't give the book a go, as I said earlier in this thread:
Maybe we could serialise it one word at time for you?
What’s the first word in the book Fowler9? This shouldn’t take too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.