• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what's wrong with the trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saj

hi guys, i'm trying to get home on thursday...i'm up in dundee and need to get back to wales, so i was just checking national rail for the times and fares etc and it says that you will have to travel most or all of this journey by bus????? i tried different days and it still says the same thing, does anyone know why? there usually is a direct route straight to bristol parkway from dundee as i catch it often, so i'm a bit confused and if anyone can shed some light on this i'll be very grateful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I just typed in Dundee-Swansea for 1230 on Weds 24/08 (next week), and everything seems fine...

saj

I just typed in Dundee-Swansea for 1230 on Weds 24/08 (next week), and everything seems fine...

when i type it in it has this yellow triangle and it says this >

Service Update

Virgin Business Package (VBR) is withdrawn from Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Piccadilly

Bus service

All or part of this journey will be made by bus.

i'm going to swansea !

i cant go that late, it has to be in the morning between 7,8 or 9 .

saj

There are 09:32 am and 11:30am services from Dundee change at Haymarket and Crewe for Swansea

the 9.30 is the one i usually catch, is this train still running as normal? did i miss read something? can you find any cheap advance fares dave ? i can't find any ....

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Note that the 9:32 is a XC service which runs directly from Dundee to Bristol P'way (actually starts at Aberdeen and terminates at Penzance) but depending on how you request it, it may not appear in the Journey Planners as its actually quicker to change at Haymarket, Wolverhampton and B'ham New Street - an hour quicker!
But its bookable.

dave87016

Established Member
it says 09:32am from Dundee change at Haymarket then change at Crewe then its direct from Crewe to Swansea thats what East Coast shows, however Virgin shows the same but it also shows 09:32am departure from Dundee direct to Bristol Parkway arrive at 17:25pm and then depart at 17:40pm then its direct to Swansea hope this helps

saj

it says 09:32am from Dundee change at Haymarket then change at Crewe then its direct from Crewe to Swansea thats what East Coast shows, however Virgin shows the same but it also shows 09:32am departure from Dundee direct to Bristol Parkway arrive at 17:25pm and then depart at 17:40pm then its direct to Swansea hope this helps

i think the direct one is a crosscountry service, either one makes no difference as long as i get home, thanks very much for your time dave, i started to panic there :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.