• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I expect a 'normal' refurbished 4-CEP is coming along shortly. I expect they've released these two oddities (TEP & 3CEP) first as they will probably be difficult to shift if they were released after the 'standard' ones. As they are all that is available for now, people will be more inclined to buy them

Well mine was delivered this morning so I'm looking forward to opening when I get home. Bachmann will only have to tool up a TSO then and their next release can be a jaffa cake 4-car version
Some expert tea-leaf reading from you two! Bachmann's winter announcements today include refurbished 4-CEPs in blue/grey, jaffa-cake, and toothpaste colours!

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Some expert tea-leaf reading from you two! Bachmann's winter announcements today include refurbished 4-CEPs in blue/grey, jaffa-cake, and toothpaste colours!
Really !? Thanks for the heads-up :D

Just had a quick look and yes, impressive stuff! Glad Bachmann are doing 1506; let's hope they number it 411.506. From the pictures, looks like the motor is in one of the driving coaches: let's hope this is moved to the brake compartment (I won't hold my breath...)

Now when are they going to do that blue 2-HAP !? (I want a later batch one...)

Last edited:
The TEP looks great. Is it mechanically still the same as the earlier models or have they changed / moved the motor? Quite a large motor unit was fitted to the older models, but it was fine as it was in the brake compartment.
I do believe they are. When i saw one at Folkestone. You could tell one of the cab ends had a black box covering the windows.

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_090931234.jpg
    IMG_20231007_090931234.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 34

D1511

Bit of a change for me these, but they're Dapol reject OO Class 73 bodies, that are going for a song on their website for a tenner plus postage. The cab lights and wiring alone is probably worth that if you were to buy them as spares! I intend to use them for weathering experiments and to try out my Ammo Mig U Rust kit winging it's way to me from Northern Spain!
20231102_201604.jpg20231102_201707.jpg
20231102_201540.jpg20231102_201503.jpg20231102_201515.jpg

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Dapol's quality control as I can't see very much wrong with either of them!

D1511

As soon as these arrived, I bought another two, so perhaps all the rejects are gone now, although there were still 10 left earlier today. The 40 quid ones are the ones that passed QC! I think it will be worth checking intermittently though, as every time they do a run of something there might be some more rejects going cheap.
I'm not making it up though, honest!
Screenshot_20231102_204608_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:

RichJF

Can you tell what my favourite loco is? :D

DSC01151.JPG.735ddb53d476e9e5f1a1d04578f945a1.JPG

DSC01152.JPG.a2cde77d7e88a459b119b1c6aa8f49b2.JPG

Both blue box Limas. Both obtained for <£85 combined & I've put slimline couplings on them!

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Thanks. That's weird. I don't see a Reject filter on any category. Only their four £40 bodies.

Aha! When I keyword-search "Reject" then the bodies appear.
The 73s at £10 are all now out of stock.
Those 59 bodies have me interested....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231102_212201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231102_212201_Chrome.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

D1511

This delightful little industrial shunter arrived today from those nice people at the N Gauge society. It is precisely 54mm long from buffer to buffer!

20231108_125106.jpg

20231108_125046.jpg

D1511

That’s amazing. The more you zoom in the more detail you become aware of. Excellent!
Thanks @Cowley
It's going to be a shame to weather it, it's so lovely! But it's the perfect match for my 100T bogie tankers and fuel storage tanks. My layout is having fuel depot sidings!

On another note, I was keeping an eye on a Farish N gauge era 7 Deltic on eBay today out of interest (not bidding, as no eBay purchases are permitted until after Warley!). It was used, but in nice condition with unopened detail pack. It went for over £200! :o

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks @Cowley
It's going to be a shame to weather it, it's so lovely! But it's the perfect match for my 100T bogie tankers and fuel storage tanks. My layout is having fuel depot sidings!
It’ll look so much better weathered (everything does). ;)

On another note, I was keeping an eye on a Farish N gauge era 7 Deltic on eBay today out of interest (not bidding, as no eBay purchases are permitted until after Warley!). It was used, but in nice condition with unopened detail pack. It went for over £200! :o
Good grief. Is that because they haven’t been produced for a while?

D1511

It’ll look so much better weathered (everything does). ;)

Good grief. Is that because they haven’t been produced for a while?
I can only assume so. They don't come up very often that I've seen, and that, combined with Deltic types' fervent love of the class, causes the comedy prices I reckon.
Given their reliability towards the end, you could probably have bought a real one in 1982 for about the same amount! :D

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I can only assume so. They don't come up very often that I've seen, and that, combined with Deltic types' fervent love of the class, causes the comedy prices I reckon.
Given their reliability towards the end, you could probably have bought a real one in 1982 for about the same amount! :D
:lol::lol:

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Picked up a Graham Farish 170 in South West Trains livery for under £90. The detailing is quite nice - the decals are crisp and well-applied and the livery application is very high quality - but there's no headlights - the lights and the destination panel are just painted on details. I find that quite shocking.

Technically, the sole 170 SWT had was long gone by the period my layout is set in, but given I have a Class 319 in original Thameslink livery, that little trainsgression can be overlooked I think.

Andreww

Here is my latest acquisition. The Rapido Wisbech and Upwell tramcar in maroon. A long way from home as it is currently on my Scottish Region branch.

Attachments

• 16997788791437392175373640433021.jpg
    16997788791437392175373640433021.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Here is my latest acquisition. The Rapido Wisbech and Upwell tramcar in maroon. A long way from home as it is currently on my Scottish Region branch.
Very nice! Rapido outdoing themselves yet again. Perhaps somebody at the BTC misheard and sent a carriage up to Kelvin instead of Kelvedon? ;)

Intercity110

On Moderation
The underslade fleet grows with this BR blue mark 1 GUV (or at least I think it is) brilliant detail with this Lima model. I got it at quorn at the great central.IMG_4496.jpeg
photo shows a mark 1 General utility van in British rail blue with the lettering Express Parcels next to a British rail double arrow, on top of a blue foot-stool.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I received my NSE-liveried Bachmann 4-CEP and although it is a great model overall; the one striking feature is the lack of the cab roof overhang. It's too flush with the cab front and really noticeable (to me anyway). I don't remember seeing this issue on the 4-TEP or original 4-CEP but when I have time; I'm going to go and have a look

foggy69

I received my NSE-liveried Bachmann 4-CEP and although it is a great model overall; the one striking feature is the lack of the cab roof overhang. It's too flush with the cab front and really noticeable (to me anyway). I don't remember seeing this issue on the 4-TEP or original 4-CEP but when I have time; I'm going to go and have a look

I have also just received my NSE version, and the cab overhang is just about there on mine, and it seems very similar to the original version.
I agree that this is a great looking model, but I don't think this is worth £550 (RRP). It seems to share lots with the original version,
The lighting is my main annoyance with the model. The original version had rear lighting, but the new one doesn't appear to have it. It would have been great to have the option to have the front/rear light switchable, so that you could run it in consist. This is an issue with all the Bachmann southern units and it is really annoying to see lighting in the middle of the train. The interior lighting is also very bright, and in the motor coach, makes the DCC decoder really obvious. I haven't had the time to go through the decoder settings in JMRI to see if it is possible to dim the lights.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I'm afraid I was a little bit naughty at Warley- I've just got home with a new Bachmann Dynamis Ultima controller, which is a definite upgrade on the Hornby Select I've been using and getting annoyed with. However I also tripped and collided with a stall, which resulted in this ending up in my bag! No idea how that happened! Miraculously my debit card also happened to collide with the vendor's card-reader.
20231126_192021.jpg
A less damaging purchase was this sandbags kit, for the planned WW1 OO-9 diorama.
20231126_192252.jpg

(For those unable to view the images, the first item is a Bachmann sound-fitted 150/1 in the early Provincial livery.)

Last edited:

4COR

However I also tripped and collided with a stall, which resulted in this ending up in my bag! No idea how that happened! Miraculously my debit card also happened to collide with the vendor's card-reader.
Incredibly fortunate to escape with your life by the sounds of it - a lucky and fortuitous escape!

reddragon

Established Member
I'm afraid I was a little bit naughty at Warley- I've just got home with a new Bachmann Dynamis Ultima controller, which is a definite upgrade on the Hornby Select I've been using and getting annoyed with. However I also tripped and collided with a stall, which resulted in this ending up in my bag! No idea how that happened! Miraculously my debit card also happened to collide with the vendor's card-reader.
View attachment 147344
A less damaging purchase was this sandbags kit, for the planned WW1 OO-9 diorama.
View attachment 147345

(For those unable to view the images, the first item is a Bachmann sound-fitted 150/1 in the early Provincial livery.)
You should get yourself an ASBO banning you from all model railway shows, it helps :rolleyes: