• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheelchair passenger not allowed to board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

I just find it amusing that every few months this thread is dug up again. This thread was the story of my summer!

There are a few threads on other forums I use where they get ressurected every so often due to their legendary reputation on the forum. I think this may be ours! :D

I actually managed to read all of it earlier and I must say it did make entertaining reading.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Captain Chaos

All this serves to do is make the genuine suffering of other disabled people taken less seriously, which is the saddest thing in this whole sorry story.

I totally agree. Whatever happened to treating others as you would expect to be treated? Where has respect for other people gone? All this episode has served to do is reinforce in the minds of the tiny minority of people in the world that the disabled are idiotic and should be ignored. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I would have done, but I had some paint to watch dry.
:lol:

:lol:

Babysitting a little one so not much else to do. :(

jimrbrobinson

I am not afraid of travelling now that I have had repeated reassurances from Northern Rail and Network Rail. They have also provided me with direct mobile numbers of high-end officials at both respected companies. So that I can contact them there-and-then, if any problems arise with any member of staff.

NO WAY!! Are you being serious? I find this part very hard to believe. Professional companies and organisations just do not operate that way.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Where has the "any more" come from?

After the last 60 pages of drip-feeding things that turned out not to be quite true, people have given up. I'm sure some gave him the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, but since about page 30 it all went downhill...

Ferret

Established Member
NO WAY!! Are you being serious? I find this part very hard to believe. Professional companies and organisations just do not operate that way.

He's a pathological liar who can't help himself. Probably best ignored.

jimrbrobinson

To be honest, I was completely 100% behind him at first, for about two days, based on the media reports up here in Manchester. Then more and more facts emerged which shed a very different light on the matter, and at that point I changed my mind to the view that I have held ever since, which is that Mr. Aryan was in the wrong. At the time, there had been a spate of 'disability discrimination' media stories about mostly buses and taxis in Manchester.

By the way, contrary to what I wrote above, I once had serious problems with a certain rail company on the West Coast Main Line. (I won't name names) ;) In order to make me feel more secure about using their services in the future, they did give me a senior executives direct mobile phone number. He was delighted when I phoned him half an hour before the start of the 2009 Australian Grand Prix to wish him and his Formula One team all the best for the season!

And now I'm off out. I live rent-free in Buckingham Palace on condition that I walk the corgis six times per day! :D

wintonian

Established Member
Sorry but I thought this one had died and gone to bed. :roll:

But don't let me stop you enjoying yourselves. :)

Statto

Established Member
After the last 60 pages of drip-feeding things that turned out not to be quite true, people have given up. I'm sure some gave him the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, but since about page 30 it all went downhill...

That's the point, i read the story when it first appeared on DS, at first i did give him the benefit of the doubt, but as time went on, the story he was telling wasn't the whole story, just half truths, & not many people, know what happened before he switched the Video on, then posting it on Youtube, he comes across as a bit of a tit on the Video.

The worst thing he did is go straight to the media, & didn't give a chance for NR to respond to his original complaint, he even complained to NR on the Sunday when there wont be many staff around that handle complaints, & appeared in the media days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.