• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why do you post in the middle of the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The ultimate thread bounce...
We just drove 750 odd miles back from the south of France.
Mrs C and I shared the driving and took turns sleeping.
But I’m still absolutely wired...
I know I should be sleeping but the bucketful of strong coffee I drank at Fleet Services still doesn’t seem to have worn off and to be honest right now I’m not sure if I’ll ever sleep again...
Having looked on the forum though it seems like I’m not the only insomniac?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
The ultimate thread bounce...
We just drove 750 odd miles back from the south of France.
Mrs C and I shared the driving and took turns sleeping.
But I’m still absolutely wired...
I know I should be sleeping but the bucketful of strong coffee I drank at Fleet Services still doesn’t seem to have worn off and to be honest right now I’m not sure if I’ll ever sleep again...
Having looked on the forum though it seems like I’m not the only insomniac?

In my case a highly unusual for me week of working hours (9 days in a row, mainly at times I don’t normally work) combined with the earlier hot weather has *completely* screwed my sleeping pattern. I’ll be putting it right tonight with the aid of sleeping pills!

The other time I may be posting in the middle of the night is when working nights, but this is only nowadays 2 to 4 times a year.

PaulMc7

Established Member
I don't have a good sleep pattern and I've struggled to fix it because of how warm my house is plus I try to put together ideas of what to reply on the forums so I end up awake til 4/5am every night. I've engaged in a few separate forums since I've been on here too so there's a lot of notifications sometimes

HOOVER29

Because I work nightshifts & I’m either on break or I’m bored with nothing doing.

lxfe_mxtterz

I've very occasionally posted on here at around 3 to 4 AM, but that's only because I've had to get up ridiculously early to catch a 4 (something) AM train if I'm going somewhere interesting. So I usually just come onto here to waste some time before either the train is due or I'm due to leave the house! :)

AntoniC

Because I am just weird !
If its a school day ( Tues to Friday for me) I will be asleep by 19.45 (at the latest) and usually wake up at 01.00 am.
I then play games/read the papers etc and catch the 05.38 Southport to Moorfields Merseyrail train to start work for 7.00 am
(As I do my 37 hours over 4 days I have to work 4 long days per week , but its worth it to be off every Monday !).

Status
Not open for further replies.