• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Willfully admitting liability for something you knowingly haven't done

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_mac

Established Member
It's hard to imagine that someone falsely offering a plea of 'guilty' would not be subjected to any more examination than to confirm their identity, their plea and perhaps a written Witness Statement; it is usual for the prosecution to have SOME work to do!

Yes, I was taking a very literal meaning for 'plead guilty'.
I had thought that the original question was meant to be that narrow, but I agree that does seem impractical.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I have honestly never come across these machines. Am I being blind - are they at every station?

They used to be wide-spread in Penalty Fares areas, but most have been removed with the installation of TVMs.

The West Midlands, I believe, is the last stronghold for them.

furlong

Established Member
PERTIS (Permit to Travel Issuing System)

They used to be wide-spread in Penalty Fares areas, but most have been removed with the installation of TVMs.

And yet scheme rules have not been updated, leaving stations purporting still to be part of Penalty Fares schemes no longer satisfying basic scheme principles, extending grey areas, giving inconsistent messages to passengers and undermining the simplicity of the message provided by the scheme.

andygb

And yet scheme rules have not been updated, leaving stations purporting still to be part of Penalty Fares schemes no longer satisfying basic scheme principles, extending grey areas, giving inconsistent messages to passengers and undermining the simplicity of the message provided by the scheme.

This is definitely the case at my station, where the malfunctioning PTT machine was removed entirely and we still have no ticket machine, yet we still have the warning notices frightening unwary travellers, lest they board a train without previously purchasing a ticket.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

Maybe someone should try bringing DfT's attention to that? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.