• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas 2023.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The forum staff team would like to wish all of you a Happy and relaxing Christmas this year. If it’s not happy and relaxing and it’s a difficult time of year for you then we especially wish you all the best as well.

Merry Christmas. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
And may I send you Mr C and the rest of the staff team my very best wishes & indeed all the membership of RUK.

Merry Christmas!

Bevan Price

Established Member
Seonded. A Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to everybody.

And maybe some should try not to accidentally make it a Nappy New Year....

1D54

Merry Christmas to all the staff and forum members that make this such a special place.

Trackman

Established Member
Yes, all the very best to everyone for Christmas!

I think at this time of year we have a game of Mornington Crescent, or is that nearer to new year? I've been studying some variations from the mainline to improve my game.

Halwynd

I'm very grateful for the advice and suggestions I received from both staff and members earlier in the year - thank you.

A Happy Christmas to all!

jamesontheroad

Established Member
I’m living in a part of the world where Christmas Eve is the most important holiday, so I’m going to seize the chance and be the first to wish you all a happy Christmas.

We disagree on a lot, but we also inform and entertain each other. Some of us come here once a month, some once an hour. Whoever you are, wherever you are, and whatever you’re doing over these few days, I hope you are safe, warm and able to spend time with the ones you love.

Safe travels.

Iskra

Established Member
Merry Christmas to everyone on RUK! Thank you for all your contributions, wisdom and assistance over the last year :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Merry Christmas all. :)

Image is of Rene Artois being greeted by Crabtree going "Good Moaning"; the caption reads: "Agent Crabtree is the special guest for the Christmas broadcast this year. "On this Crustmas Moaning, I wash for piss on Earth and messy mould..."

1703425571156.png

Trainguy34

In this past year, of which I have only experienced 9 months of on here, I have learnt so much about the Railways and found new hobbies and people with similar interests - more then I could ever imagine. Thank you so much to everyone on here for guiding me and just being a part of this.

Merry Christmas or whatever festivities you celebrate and thank you to everyone part of this community we call RailUKForums.

Zamracene749

All the best to everybody here, regardless of politics, creed, cry or an unusual love of new trains :) May you all have a great holiday and a new year full of the love of travel and trains.

Willie Bee

Yes, all the best to all the members here and the moderators .. for Christmas, New Year and the whole of 2024.

Although I joined here a few years ago, it was only November 2022 that my wife and I made our first train journey in over 20 years and we have been away several times since. I've posted questions on this forum about fares, journey planning and a few other general train-related topics and have received brilliant advice.

Peter C

Established Member
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of the lovely RailUK members. I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing end to the year. :)

-Peter

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Seasons greetings to all!
...Rene Artois being greeted by Crabtree going "Good Moaning"; the caption reads: "Agent Crabtree is the special guest for the Christmas broadcast this year. "On this Crustmas Moaning, I wash for piss on Earth and messy mould..."...
They don't make comedies like they used to!

In this past year, of which I have only experienced 9 months of on here, I have learnt so much about the Railways and found new hobbies and people with similar interests - more then I could ever imagine. Thank you so much to everyone on here for guiding me and just being a part of this...
Glad we could be of help:)
...Although I joined here a few years ago, it was only November 2022 that my wife and I made our first train journey in over 20 years and we have been away several times since. I've posted questions on this forum about fares, journey planning and a few other general train-related topics and have received brilliant advice.
Again, glad we were able to help with your journeys over the past year :)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Happy Christmas everyone. Thanks for the kind words above, we really do appreciate it and we also appreciate what all of you put into the forum to make it what it is. :)

Annetts key

Established Member
Merry Christmas

⛄️ ❄️
tree.gif

Zamracene749

Well, listening to some 1970s xmas songs has reminded me of trying to get to sleep with the radio playing downstairs as my mum n dad made the magic happen, around 47 years ago. Greg Lake, Slade, Chris de Burgh, Wizzard. I'd begged for a train set. I cannot describe the utter joy of waking up to a little loop of hornby track, a HYMEK and 3 mk2 coaches with an AGW controller, the hornby tunnel and even a tiny station and goods shed. I've no idea how my parents managed to afford it, but I can say, all these years later, that it was worth every penny! Happy christmas to all, and I'd love to hear some of your festive hobby memories :)