• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Witch's Hat" stalls four tube trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Apparently it was made out of real fox fur, the driver who saw it was heard to shout "What the fox hat!?"

Daniel

Established Member
..t'was 5 trains actually. No DSM on duty on the Edgware branch to authorise overtime if staff were willing to work it, so I walked out at my book off time. Had the power outage been fixed, there would have been no member of staff to greet the passengers on arrival, (have someone there to whinge at), and the supervisors wouldn't leave the office if lone working.

Although the cause is funny, it was quite ridiculous..

Daniel

Established Member
You'd better tell the NOC, as in the Managers Daily Review it was reported as 4 trains ;)

I noticed that - got a screenshot of tracker at the time, showing one in the pipe on the approach to Belsize, 1 in the platform at Chalk, one between Camden & Chalk, one in Camden platform, and one at Mornington. It is always possible one of them was an engineers / empty / detrained immediately and wasn't counted, however.

Established Member
Would be good if the person who threw the hat onto the line was made to pay for the disruption caused.

Daniel

Established Member
Indeed. I did manage to make a customers day today over this incident, though.
He had two incomplete journeys due to excess journey time.
I went to resolve them, but asked him to wait as I checked something.
Ended up finding out for him that he's entitled to £100 compensation for being delayed on a train for more than 1 hour and detrained after 22:00.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I noticed that - got a screenshot of tracker at the time, showing one in the pipe on the approach to Belsize, 1 in the platform at Chalk, one between Camden & Chalk, one in Camden platform, and one at Mornington. It is always possible one of them was an engineers / empty / detrained immediately and wasn't counted, however.
If it was in the platform then I don't believe it counts as a stalled train. I once watched a fatality at Charing + a few weeks ago and there were trains backed up to Marylebone but all were in platforms and it said there were no stalled trains the next day.

But you worked in the NOC, not me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.