• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ_DAN

Hiya Dan,
Yer I got fed up of waiting for freightliner and there lack of communication. Could wait weeks for a reply to an email.
WMT have been fantastic, they are moving quickly and the lady from HR is great, really helpful and reply’s to emails and question the same day.
Best of luck for the interview mate, you going to catch the train up?
Noticed you said you applied for snow hill but that there has since been a advertisement for Worcester, I did the same and they automatically moved my app to Worcester which is better for us. They may do same with you. If you log into see you application process it may have changed to say Worcester instead.

It definitely sounds more positive with WMT. Yeah I'll be getting the train up, easier than driving.
I did notice they advertised for Worcester and yeah I would much prefer that! My plan was to mention it on the day if im successful can I be considered for the Worcester Depot as its nearer if I get called in on short notice. I'll have to see if I can log in somehow and check then, haven't tried that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

birmz_

Best of luck with yours this week mate. Let us know how you get on
Great news, how did it go?
Have they told you a proposed date for a course?
nah not yet I did ask last week, the day when a few guys got their offers. she did say she would let me know but they mustve forgot. I didn't want to keep bothering them. I will drop a email on Friday they should have my results back by then the medical centre said it takes 3-4 days for them to send my results in

crebbs1

I have had a month also, looking forward to getting the medical done with now.

birmz_

It all seemed to go ok then bud? Offer can’t be far behind.

Not really sure why mine is at quite short notice. Did take 2 weeks for my appointment to come through though
yh it was all pretty straight forward they give you your results for your eyes and hearing tests right there n then, they said Im fit for duty. They send your samples off to the lab so you have to wait for them. alcohol test was done on site that came back 0. so literally just the drug screen unless someone spiked me without me knowing lol, that will come back all clear too. do you know if will you guys be training in Birmingham? if so its looking like we might be on the same course start date.

Andrew12321

Hi Guys new to the forum but good to see a few people have got through to medical stage etc. Hopefully people who didn't will be successful next time

I've got my medical on Thursday in Birmingham but I did apply for either New Street or Snow Hill. I haven't been told anything about prospective start dates but providing medical goes well hopefully it won't be too long after

Coach Carter

yh it was all pretty straight forward they give you your results for your eyes and hearing tests right there n then, they said Im fit for duty. They send your samples off to the lab so you have to wait for them. alcohol test was done on site that came back 0. so literally just the drug screen unless someone spiked me without me knowing lol, that will come back all clear too. do you know if will you guys be training in Birmingham? if so its looking like we might be on the same course start date.
Haha can’t see to many ppl popping pills into your drinks on the way to your medical lol. Yer when I asked at my interview they said the initial training will be done at the academy in Birmingham so could well end up on the same course. Which depot are you down for when you start driving? I don’t think I’ve spoken to anyone else that’s down for the same as me at Worcester.

Coach Carter

Hi Guys new to the forum but good to see a few people have got through to medical stage etc. Hopefully people who didn't will be successful next time

I've got my medical on Thursday in Birmingham but I did apply for either New Street or Snow Hill. I haven't been told anything about prospective start dates but providing medical goes well hopefully it won't be too long after
Best of luck mate, am sure you’ll breeze through. No raves or shisha parties the night before lol.

Norosoros

If I remember correctly, I asked when the potential start dates were if I were successful, the guy said one course starts in July and another i believe starts 3 months or 6 months after that.

Cavey81

If I remember correctly, I asked when the potential start dates were if I were successful, the guy said one course starts in July and another i believe starts 3 months or 6 months after that.
There is also one starting 12th August.

S-Car-Go

There is also one starting 12th August.
They offered me 12th Aug or 30th Sep course start date, so have elected for the later one as I need more time for my notice period. My medical was last Thu, and have been told by phone today all is good. So expect 3 working days on medical results.

deano39

They offered me 12th Aug or 30th Sep course start date, so have elected for the later one as I need more time for my notice period. My medical was last Thu, and have been told by phone today all is good. So expect 3 working days on medical results.
Congrats mate.....I'm slowly coming to terms with not getting in but I'll wait until the next time whenever that may be......just for the record I was told there was starting dates 7th July. 12th August.......September and October starts.

crebbs1

Trust me @deano39 your time will come, you’ve done all the hard work, now apply for all driver jobs that come up around your area.

Andrew12321

Best of luck mate, am sure you’ll breeze through. No raves or shisha parties the night before lol.

Haha cheers mate as long as the missus doesn't put anything in my dinner hopefully it'll all be fine :lol:

Only applied in Feb can't believe how fast the whole process has been. Thought I'd messed up my DMI I prepared answers to questions based on the company etc and wasn't asked anything about WMT at all!!

Good luck with your medical next week as well mate!!

deano39

Trust me @deano39 your time will come, you’ve done all the hard work, now apply for all driver jobs that come up around your area.
I will mate....applied for conductor job and done online assessment last night. Might be a bit late but you never know.

andyccfc

Haha cheers mate as long as the missus doesn't put anything in my dinner hopefully it'll all be fine :lol:

Only applied in Feb can't believe how fast the whole process has been. Thought I'd messed up my DMI I prepared answers to questions based on the company etc and wasn't asked anything about WMT at all!!

Good luck with your medical next week as well mate!!

Weird how some get through so quick and others are still way behind, I'm still lagging at stage one. Were you internal or something? Or what background do you have?

Coach Carter

Weird how some get through so quick and others are still way behind, I'm still lagging at stage one. Were you internal or something? Or what background do you have?
I believe that we have all completed the assessment stages previously with other companies.

Andrew12321

It is strange I've read mixed things on here of people progressing quickly and others not so quick. I've worked in recruitment for the last 6 year's and need a change. My brother in law is a train driver which I put on my application but don't think that would have made much difference.

Hopefully they'll start progressing you soon mate

Wba0986

Andy you and me both. Still waiting to hear about when the first assessment is going to be.

deano39

I applied 14th Feb and got turned down after my DMI last thursday.....never took assessments before so 4 months from application to interview but I now wish I'd had more time to prepare for interview as only found out about it tuesday night and it was thursday morning.

birmz_

Haha can’t see to many ppl popping pills into your drinks on the way to your medical lol. Yer when I asked at my interview they said the initial training will be done at the academy in Birmingham so could well end up on the same course. Which depot are you down for when you start driving? I don’t think I’ve spoken to anyone else that’s down for the same as me at Worcester.
loool, Im down for new st or snow hill. so anxious waiting for this offering it will all feel real when that comes through

birmz_

hopefully should get that call tomorrow or Friday the latest, i had my medical on monday

Maverick88

Does anyone know the name of the company you contact directly for more specific feedback from your performance during the selection process?

GG96LFC

Does anyone know the name of the company you contact directly for more specific feedback from your performance during the selection process?
Depends which stage mate. If it’s initial selection/paper sift, contact train company. If it’s one of the tests, contact OPC. Driver manager interview, train company. Multimodal interview, OPC

Cavey81

Had my uniform fitting today. After being in the recruitment process with another TOC for nearly 2 years, it feels like it's actually going to happen!

Best of luck for everyone still waiting to hear. It will happen eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.