• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paull

Ahh right well that’s good to know then isn’t it. Yeah I know what you mean, it’s been a patient wait and I’ve been really impressed with WMT. I don’t know if you or anybody else went through the process with Freightliner but I feel hugely let down by them and what was said in the interview clearly wasn’t actually the case which is wrong when people put their lives on hold for something that was said in good faith. Oh well it’s worked out much better now anyway

I too went through the process with FL, and have been in the pool since September for Birmingham. It was concerning the amount of people waiting for Birmingham and it doesn’t look like happening anytime soon. Been a stressful year. Congrats on your medical and hope you get a start date soon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

birmz_

Ahh right well that’s good to know then isn’t it. Yeah I know what you mean, it’s been a patient wait and I’ve been really impressed with WMT. I don’t know if you or anybody else went through the process with Freightliner but I feel hugely let down by them and what was said in the interview clearly wasn’t actually the case which is wrong when people put their lives on hold for something that was said in good faith. Oh well it’s worked out much better now anyway
Yh some companies are like that, arriva are pretty good. I missed out with them because they do an enhanced test. and I missed the score by 1. I know exactly where I went wrong aswell but luckily ive got through here so no need to apply with them again. happy days

Blueben

29th I think is snowhill
15th is new st.

I would’ve preferred snowhill, but I don’t care as I’m in and that’s all that matters!!!

Lendog2012

:) JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! I’m in lads starter pack is on the way and I start on July 29th. Can’t begin to tell you how excited I am. Good luck to all

Great news, i'm on that course as well. Look forward to meeting everyone. I had my uniform fitting last week as well.

birmz_

I’ve been assigned to Snow Hill, not that it really matters I’m just glad to be in.
Yh Im guesing id be same since it looks like we will be training together. Tbh I don't mind where they put me as long as im driving

BrummieJim

Looks like there's a few of us for the 29th. I'm down for that as well. Looking forward to it and meeting up with you all.

Tezza32

On Moderation
When did you guys apply because I did in February and had to wait 3 months to find out I passed the sift test and now I got to do my assessments.but I'm in a talent pool waiting

Luke Allen

When did you guys apply because I did in February and had to wait 3 months to find out I passed the sift test and now I got to do my assessments.but I'm in a talent pool waiting
I applied in February also but had already passed all of the assessments last year with the freightliner process so I was invited to interview 3-4 weeks ago and all done pretty much now. A hugely improved process when compared with others

Tezza32

On Moderation
Brilliant luke Allen

I'm guessing I have a very long time to go then has of 2 weeks ago I just had the email to say I passed the sift test

birmz_

Brilliant luke Allen

I'm guessing I have a very long time to go then has of 2 weeks ago I just had the email to say I passed the sift test
I applied in feb but I had already passed all my assessments also, I think very few got fast tracked through the process most had done the assessments already. hang in there it does take a while but its worth it

Tezza32

On Moderation
I applied in feb but I had already passed all my assessments also, I think very few got fast tracked through the process most had done the assessments already. hang in there it does take a while but its worth it
Thank you hopefully it will pay off if I can pass them

Lendog2012

I think it was around April 2018 I applied. Then passed everything with FL (like many others) and entered into their Talent Pool. Early this year I was then contacted by WMT who invited me to interview then recently offered me a course starting on 29th July.
It takes time but keep going mate

Tezza32

On Moderation
I think it was around April 2018 I applied. Then passed everything with FL (like many others) and entered into their Talent Pool. Early this year I was then contacted by WMT who invited me to interview then recently offered me a course starting on 29th July.
It takes time but keep going mate
Thanks lendog well done mate best of luck hope it goes well

deano39

I applied feb and passed all all tests first time......but then got turned down after my DMI 2 weeks ago.....not heard of anyone else having interview after me and after what I heard while in the WMT offices I think all positions have been filled for this round of recruitment.

deano39

Congratulations to all starters.........I'll see you all in the next recruitment if I get through my bloody DMI next time.....hope it all works out for you all.

Tezza32

On Moderation
Sorry mate no idea I'm just waiting in talent pool for my assessments for Birmingham new street Birmingham snow hill

deano39

Sorry to here that deano what did you fail on with the dmi that's sad fingers crossed for next time
I've had feedback.....I needed to give more detail when answering questions to allow panel to award me higher scores.....answers lacked expansion. All taken on board fir future reference.

Tezza32

On Moderation
I've had feedback.....I needed to give more detail when answering questions to allow panel to award me higher scores.....answers lacked expansion. All taken on board fir future reference.

Yeah next time you will.do it im not sure what to expect with the assessment

S-Car-Go

:) JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! I’m in lads starter pack is on the way and I start on July 29th. Can’t begin to tell you how excited I am. Good luck to all
Well done! Congrats, maybe see you in Sep.

S-Car-Go

I was told by a driver manager that he had a good interview candidate once who finished with "would you like more detail?" or "would you like me to expand on that?" for EVERY question. He said that was a very good technique.

You wont get a contract its been going on years the dispute re the retirement age. Doesnt make a difference u are still
Protected

Without contracts how would people know their terms? Rest day patterns, pension arrangements, hours, etc? Out of interest what is the dispute over the pension age?

deano39

I was told by a driver manager that he had a good interview candidate once who finished with "would you like more detail?" or "would you like me to expand on that?" for EVERY question. He said that was a very good technique.
Nice one.....all going in the grey matter for next time. Cheers

Goingloco

To those who are on the brink of starting their training courses...... am I right in thinking that you get eyes on all employment matters including the contract before you gave notice to your employer then WMT collected references?

Also, has anyone seen or know what format the reference request is, what do they ask from your employer?

Thanks and the best of luck to all moving forward into the training programme.

Blueben

You get a pack that tells you where to go for day one. Your starting salary, your salary when you first qualify, your salary when your more advanced. It contains details of pension schemes. But it’s not a full contract.

When you receive this pack, it has two referees to put down. I think they get asked to do a few tick boxes, are they reliable, good to work with etc, then a brief statement. My referee said it took him 5 minutes and the hardest part was scanning the document back into the computer.

I’ve closed my electrical company this week, I finished on Friday but it was 100% until the Tuesday of that week. So I have almost 4 weeks from confirmation to actually starting

Mundinho

Without contracts how would people know their terms? Rest day patterns, pension arrangements, hours, etc? Out of interest what is the dispute over the pension age?
All I know is that we started over a year ago and haven’t got a contract and trainees before us going back years and years haven’t either. I dont get it either but apparently the offer letter gives you the same rights as existing drivers in the end you just think whatever least I’ve got the job and everyone’s in the same boat

Status
Not open for further replies.