• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe / Shrewsbury / Leamington Spa (27/12/23)

Samzino

There won't be another Test in the Vienna suite of computer tests outside of the ones on the breakdown. WMT doesn't do the VSE.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

benji98

For those that have been invited to stage 2 testing, can I ask how was your email worded regards the tests youll be sitting? Is it refferering to one computer test system or are they all listed separately?

I was thinking the Vienna test was literally one of the tests but I think its all the computer tests isn't it not just one?
Can I ask how long ago you did your stage 1 assessments? And how much notice do they give you from receiving the email to the stage 2 assessment day?

gazgareth

Gareth, I'm still waiting, did my interview on 22nd Jan. Nothing heard since. Coming from non rail background so assuming they are prioritising different groups
Yes, I did my interview on a similar date. It does seem most people chatting on here have been through processes before as they are talking about all sorts of different tests that don't mean anything to me!

walfo

Can I ask how long ago you did your stage 1 assessments? And how much notice do they give you from receiving the email to the stage 2 assessment day?
I completed stage 1 assessment in Crewe Last Wednesday. Had an email yesterday inviting me to Stage 2 In Watford. Available dates for stage 2 were first and second week of March. I had to go with the second week due to work.

Danfilm007

I completed stage 1 assessment in Crewe Last Wednesday. Had an email yesterday inviting me to Stage 2 In Watford. Available dates for stage 2 were first and second week of March. I had to go with the second week due to work.
Congrats! I did mine on last Thursday but haven't heard back yet.

chalkijr

I did my Stage 1 back in January 2023 with an FOC not WMT.

However I'll list the time line of my experience:

-19th january 2023 attended stage 1 in watford

-24th January was informed I had passed and that my stage 2 assessments were the 7th February

-9th February confirmed I'd passed OPC assessments and was scheduled a DMI

TacoTraveller

Vienna Test System is just the computer tests, it's the name given to the controller/hardware and software you use to complete them.

chalkijr

I wish I had my stage 1 in crewe when I took it last year! Going watford twice cost me a bit of money to say the least haha and now I've got to go a 3rd time!

Thing is you can drive down there at silly o'clock in the morning but you want to be at your very best, so I definitely recommend booking a cheap hotel and travelling down the night before.

Termak

I wish I had my stage 1 in crewe when I took it last year! Going watford twice cost me a bit of money to say the least haha and now I've got to go a 3rd time!

Thing is you can drive down there at silly o'clock in the morning but you want to be at your very best, so I definitely recommend booking a cheap hotel and travelling down the night before.
That was my plan also, to travel the night before but now scratching my head. Just been informed I might have a chance to get on a depot driving course in a few months time, with my current employer.

walfo

Congrats! I did mine on last Thursday but haven't heard back yet.
Thank you! Fingers crossed for you. Hope it went well.

It adds up! Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and booked a hotel when I was booking my assessment slot.

TacoTraveller

Finally heard back today - unfortunately I wasn't successful on this occasion
I've still not even had an invite to mine, but sorry to hear you didn't pass.

If you ring the opc or they ring you, they'll tell you what you failed on but very briefly.

I'm sure you'll smash it next time

Danfilm007

Sorry to hear that. Can I ask where did you go wrong?

I've no idea, sadly I just got a "you won't be progressing on this occasion and we can't provide feedback" email on this occasion. I have emailed the OPC for some feedback so I will hear back in 2 weeks max I hope!

I've still not even had an invite to mine, but sorry to hear you didn't pass.

If you ring the opc or they ring you, they'll tell you what you failed on but very briefly.

I'm sure you'll smash it next time

Thank you, I did the online form so they will ring me back! What do they say, that you failed X, passed Y and Z to this standard?

TacoTraveller

I've no idea, sadly I just got a "you won't be progressing on this occasion and we can't provide feedback" email on this occasion. I have emailed the OPC for some feedback so I will hear back in 2 weeks max I hope!

Thank you, I did the online form so they will ring me back! What do they say, that you failed X, passed Y and Z to this standard?
I've never failed an actual test, mine was on a CBI.

They just rang and said "this is feedback about your interview, unfortunately you failed on question 5 of the interview"

That was it, they're not specific to say you failed on question 5 because..

In your case I'd expect a reply of "unfortunately you failed on XYZ test" there's a bit of chatting but nothing more specific on the part you failed.

Danfilm007

I've never failed an actual test, mine was on a CBI.

They just rang and said "this is feedback about your interview, unfortunately you failed on question 5 of the interview"

That was it, they're not specific to say you failed on question 5 because..

In your case I'd expect a reply of "unfortunately you failed on XYZ test" there's a bit of chatting but nothing more specific on the part you failed.

I see, thanks for that. I appreciate that, I hope I can find out whether I failed on which test and if I passed, which standard I passed to. For all I know, I may have failed on the DFFT but did okay on the others so!

Sorry to hear that! When did you do your Stage 1 tests?

Thank you, the 15th PM.

benji98

I got an email inviting me to the Stage 2 assessments today. The exact minute the email came through I clicked on the link to book an assessment slot and it said there were none available. I emailed recruitment and their reply was:

"Please note these slots are booked on a first come, first served basis. So do not delay in booking your slot. Once all slots are booked, we do not release further slots. If you cannot see further slots its because they have been booked."

Has anyone else had this issue? Not quite sure what to do now as they've stated that they don't release further slots but I literally tried to book one as soon as I received the email.

Last edited:

chalkijr

I got an email inviting me to the Stage 2 assessments today. The exact minute the email came through I clicked on the link to book an assessment slot and it said there were none available. I emailed recruitment and their reply was:

"Please note these slots are booked on a first come, first served basis. So do not delay in booking your slot. Once all slots are booked, we do not release further slots. If you cannot see further slots its because they have been booked."

Has anyone else had this issue? Not quite sure what to do now as they've stated that they don't release further slots but I literally went to book one as soon as I received the email.
This isn't ideal, but at least you've passed so congrats on that! Hopefully you won't have to wait a long time for future slots for the stage 2.

Well done to everyone else that passed their stage 1 assessments too! What dates have people booked for their stage 2?

Sorry to those that haven't heard back yet and also those thatdidn't pass, I wish you the best of luck in the future if you decide to try again.

benji98

This isn't ideal, but at least you've passed so congrats on that! Hopefully you won't have to wait a long time for future slots for the stage 2.

Well done to everyone else that passed their stage 1 assessments too! What dates have people booked for their stage 2?

Sorry to those that haven't heard back yet and also those thatdidn't pass, I wish you the best of luck in the future if you decide to try again.

Thanks, appreciate it! Well according to their reply, there won't be any future slots for stage 2 assessments which is making me worry that this is the end of my application. I'm going to contact them again tomorrow to hopefully get some clarity on the situation.

TonyBrides

Thanks, appreciate it! Well according to their reply, there won't be any future slots for stage 2 assessments which is making me worry that this is the end of my application. I'm going to contact them again tomorrow to hopefully get some clarity on the situation.

I can’t see it being the end.

They have paid for your state 1. When this block of stage 2 assessments are done over the next few weeks they will see how many pass and fail.

They might put more on strait away. Then again it could be weeks or months. But they tend not bin people who have passed.

I might be wrong but i think it might just delay things for you.

It’s happened to me with my FOC. I applied people seemed to be getting dates and I wasn’t. Finally got a date after waiting months and hearing nothing. After finally passing was told all the 2022 course had been allocated. But I would be on one in 2023.

It was rubbish having to wait another 10 months to start but it was worth it.