• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe / Shrewsbury / Leamington Spa (27/12/23)

TacoTraveller

“I doubt they'll make you redo an enhanced standard test you've already got enhanced in it'll be likely one you've not completed.”
This is your opinion, rather than being factual. I’m just correcting you for the avoidance of doubt. Other people don’t want rumours, guesses or maybes. People need to know the truth, that’s why this forum is invaluable. I’m stating facts!

Can I also just add that I don’t think WMT have a requirement to sit a DFFT, I’m happy to be corrected but going through previous WMT threads, I’ve not found anyone mentioning having to sit this test. If you’re being asked to sit any OPC tests, it’s because you’ve either failed in the past, not sat them at all, or just haven’t met their enhanced pass marks, it’s as black and white as that. It’s got nothing to do with having to sit a DFFT! Hopefully people can be at peace with this and stop panicking/questioning the whole process.
I understand, I should have stated that those were my opinions not fact especially using the word doubtful as my previous assessment day there were people from alternative assessments who only had to redo the tests they failed not the ones they passed.

Anyway, I found this https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/wmt-trainee-driver-assessment-invite.196866/ forum where a member questions his email which mentions having to do a DFFT test as part of the paper assessments which is why I said that it's more likely just the DFFT as a few of us are from failed Avanti assessments where DFFT wasn't a required test.

I'm sure all your emails should clear things up as it should specify which tests we should be doing unless it is just a generic computer generated email.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Termak

“I doubt they'll make you redo an enhanced standard test you've already got enhanced in it'll be likely one you've not completed.”
This is your opinion, rather than being factual. I’m just correcting you for the avoidance of doubt. Other people don’t want rumours, guesses or maybes. People need to know the truth, that’s why this forum is invaluable. I’m stating facts!

Can I also just add that I don’t think WMT have a requirement to sit a DFFT, I’m happy to be corrected but going through previous WMT threads, I’ve not found anyone mentioning having to sit this test. If you’re being asked to sit any OPC tests, it’s because you’ve either failed in the past, not sat them at all, or just haven’t met their enhanced pass marks, it’s as black and white as that. It’s got nothing to do with having to sit a DFFT! Hopefully people can be at peace with this and stop panicking/questioning the whole process.
Part of the email I got attached, and received DFFT practice material as well as the usual pack that comes without DFFT. I checked all my previous assesments and where DFFT was not required, no practice material was received. Personally, I'll put more effort on that coz I know that's the only one I'm missing.

Attachments

• IMG_3201.jpeg
    IMG_3201.jpeg
    652 KB · Views: 38

eastersunday

I understand, I should have stated that those were my opinions not fact especially using the word doubtful as my previous assessment day there were people from alternative assessments who only had to redo the tests they failed not the ones they passed.

Anyway, I found this https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/wmt-trainee-driver-assessment-invite.196866/ forum where a member questions his email which mentions having to do a DFFT test as part of the paper assessments which is why I said that it's more likely just the DFFT as a few of us are from failed Avanti assessments where DFFT wasn't a required test.

I'm sure all your emails should clear things up as it should specify which tests we should be doing unless it is just a generic computer generated email.
That’s just one person mentioning it in a tiny thread. If you look at the 2020 WMT master thread, I couldn’t find anything that suggests sitting a DFFT. Only if you receive an email stating you have to sit the DFFT would confirm this. However as you alluded to having failed an assessment with Avanti (CBI), then you will have to sit the MMI as well as any other test that doesn’t meet “WMT enhanced standard”. I can’t stress enough that each TOC has their own enhanced standard, so i advise against telling people it’s just the DFFT as it’s spreading false information. Any previously failed tests will have to be completed again. But if you then fail to national standard a second time your two lives are gone and you can no longer be a train driver, it’s that simple.

Brad1997

Anyone who has received a successful email who has applied for leamington... was it from someone called Aimee? My email was worded differently to everyone else it seems...

chalkijr

I received my successful email from Aimee, but for Crewe.

Can anyone remember the pay structure that was listed on the advert? I have an idea of what it was but just wanted to double check the timescales for each increment in which the pay goes up.

Normally I would screenshot the details but I must have forgotten on this occasion.

Anyone who has received a successful email who has applied for leamington... was it from someone called Aimee? My email was worded differently to everyone else it seems...

dereksingh291

On Moderation

Can anyone remember the pay structure that was listed on the advert? I have an idea of what it was but just wanted to double check the timescales for each increment in which the pay goes up.

Normally I would screenshot the details but I must have forgotten on this occasion.
pay structure is 29,872 while training then £42,879 newly qualified then £57,044 when fully qualified.

Brad1997

Was it worded that you had successfully completed the video interview and that the next stage is opc assessments however they'll be in contact once they're able to progress you to next stage?

chalkijr

Was it worded that you had successfully completed the video interview and that the next stage is opc assessments however they'll be in contact once they're able to progress you to next stage?
No, she stated that they have checked with the OPC and can see that I've passed to enhanced standards so I'm being placed in the DMI pool and they will confirm a date with me in the coming weeks.

SJN

That’s just one person mentioning it in a tiny thread. If you look at the 2020 WMT master thread, I couldn’t find anything that suggests sitting a DFFT. Only if you receive an email stating you have to sit the DFFT would confirm this. However as you alluded to having failed an assessment with Avanti (CBI), then you will have to sit the MMI as well as any other test that doesn’t meet “WMT enhanced standard”. I can’t stress enough that each TOC has their own enhanced standard, so i advise against telling people it’s just the DFFT as it’s spreading false information. Any previously failed tests will have to be completed again. But if you then fail to national standard a second time your two lives are gone and you can no longer be a train driver, it’s that simple.
I did the tests with WMT in 2019 and DFFT was included.

TacoTraveller

No, she stated that they have checked with the OPC and can see that I've passed to enhanced standards so I'm being placed in the DMI pool and they will confirm a date with me in the coming weeks.
It's not worded differently it just means you've completed all of their assessments to the standard they're looking for, so instead of re-doing them you move on to the stage after which is DMI.

Just had a look at the pack WMT sent through and the DFFT practice stuff is in there. I didn't complete that when I applied for Avanti, so that explains it. Whether I passed to "advanced standards" last time or not, I would still have to complete the DFFT anyway.
People are just excited and keen to understand what is asked of them, that's why there were a load of questions yesterday afternoon. Thanks for everyone assistance.

eastersunday

Has anyone else not heard back from the video interview?
Lots of people, stop worrying Gareth! Remember, only a small fraction of people that have applied are on these forums, there are plenty of others not on here. There are often only 2/3 people working in recruitment dealing with 1000s of applicants, have patience.

TraineeD

Hi,

Unfortunately due to location I couldn't apply for these roles but I have been successful in getting through to the video interview for another role in WMT.

Now the video interviews are over for this recruitment would anybody be kind enough to share what questions were asked to help me prepare for mine? Please DM me if you'd prefer not to share on here.

Good luck to all those still in this process.

Cuppatea

Has anyone else not heard back from the video interview?
Hi Gareth! Same boat here! Heard nothing back from video interview and portal says “application under consideration”. I have heard that someone who applied for Leamington got a rejection from the video interview?

TacoTraveller

Hi,

Unfortunately due to location I couldn't apply for these roles but I have been successful in getting through to the video interview for another role in WMT.

Now the video interviews are over for this recruitment would anybody be kind enough to share what questions were asked to help me prepare for mine? Please DM me if you'd prefer not to share on here.

Good luck to all those still in this process.
I'd see it as insider information if someone who had done the interview gave you the answers, but if you applied for a different role in WMT you might not even get the same questions we did.

The interview isn't really that hard, fully understand and answer the question that's Infront of you.

I didn't do any prep for it and passed.

JATHO

Had to pull out of the running because the only testing date available clashes with my Y11 parents evening appointments so I have no way of getting approved leave. Gutted. Wish you all the best with your applications!

Last edited:

Soho

Had to pull out of the running because the only testing date available clashes with my Y11 parents evening appointments so I have no way of getting approved leave. Gutted. Wish you all the best with your applications!
Sorry to hear that mate. That really does suck. Don’t give up and good luck with your next one

Cuppatea

Oh this is a shame mate. Keep your chin up and your time will come around soon enough

Danfilm007

Sorry to hear mate, I'm sure you'll get your chance soon!

TacoTraveller

I'm pretty sure there will be other dates as I (Leamington spa) got the email to say I got through the video but am awaiting a testing date, where as others have already received their dates..

stXeve

I'm pretty sure there will be other dates as I (Leamington spa) got the email to say I got through the video but am awaiting a testing date, where as others have already received their dates..
Not if his pulled out. I'd go sick if you want the job. Vacancies are advertised very rarely.

TacoTraveller

Not if his pulled out. I'd go sick if you want the job. Vacancies are advertised very rarely.
Yeah I'm just saying I doubt it's the only dates if I'm still awaiting a date for my assessments too.

If they've already pulled out it's a shame but everyone's priorities are different I suppose especially as what sounds to be a teacher.