• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Women's FA Cup Final at Wembley- travel home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BanburyBlue

I hope the carriage sang 'Advance Australia Fair' all the way home :)
Unfortunately not. Although, and I might be being incredibly thick here, but why would they?

let’s face it, we’re whinging poms, so mostly humorous grumps.

BanburyBlue

Moot point. How many carriages long was the 1654 departure from London Marylebone? Was it short formed? Even if not, probably still worth a claim.

well submitted - let’s see what happens.

16.54 was a loco hauled set, so normal length.

deltic

Established Member

Final point, would this qualify for delay repay?

If it did and I was Chiltern Railways I would close Wembley Stadium on match days -surely there needs to be a sense of realism here - its not unusual to expect to queue to enter stations after major sporting events and sometimes it can take some time to clear the crowds. As SWR stated in evidence to a House of Commons inquiry about travel to sporting and similar events TOCs generally lose money providing the extra services for such events, in the case of SWR it was in relation to services to Twickenham. If they are going to have to refund monies then they will give up running such services altogether.

BanburyBlue

If it did and I was Chiltern Railways I would close Wembley Stadium on match days -surely there needs to be a sense of realism here - its not unusual to expect to queue to enter stations after major sporting events and sometimes it can take some time to clear the crowds. As SWR stated in evidence to a House of Commons inquiry about travel to sporting and similar events TOCs generally lose money providing the extra services for such events, in the case of SWR it was in relation to services to Twickenham. If they are going to have to refund monies then they will give up running such services altogether.

I guess I would say why tout for the business if they cannot deliver it?

Chiltern change their timetable to add additional stops on Wembley special event days. So encourage people to use the train when they know the trains will already be busy leaving Marylebone.

I totally understand that if the queue is long you may have to wait for a second train, but to let no one on the first train was a joke. The wait for a train was over 90 minutes in the rain and cold.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I guess I would say why tout for the business if they cannot deliver it?

Chiltern change their timetable to add additional stops on Wembley special event days. So encourage people to use the train when they know the trains will already be busy leaving Marylebone.

I totally understand that if the queue is long you may have to wait for a second train, but to let no one on the first train was a joke. The wait for a train was over 90 minutes in the rain and cold.
I suspect it's more a matter of managing the crowds that will turn up, one way or the other. Closing stations isn't taken lightly and given that there's plenty of space for people to spread out at Wembley (little risk of people falling onto the tracks unlike some other stations) I guess it's just one of those rubbish situations.

BanburyBlue

I suspect it's more a matter of managing the crowds that will turn up, one way or the other. Closing stations isn't taken lightly and given that there's plenty of space for people to spread out at Wembley (little risk of people falling onto the tracks unlike some other stations) I guess it's just one of those rubbish situations.
I do wonder if they stop northbound trains and send everyone to Marylebone?

It just feels like if they are going to run a Wembley match day special service they should do it properl. Easier said than done I know. So, the first train was loco hauled, so not many options with that, so how about replacing the booked traction with units, and doing what they did with the later one and lock out some carriages?

Status
Not open for further replies.