• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Work experience-who to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjnathanail

I am looking to do work experience this summer for a TOC near me (I am based in Nottingham so XC/EMT/NT would be good but VT or LM would be fine too and perhaps EC). If anyone has any advice on how to contact them or perhaps contact details for individual people within TOCs who might be able to help I would be really grateful.

Also, what are my chances of getting any? I know it is quite hard because of H and S'etc. Would Network Rail do it?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
AFAIK Northern Rail do not now have opportunities for work experience - it changed a couple of years back.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
You are correct 142094 - I know they still did it around summer 2010 but I'm not sure how long it lasted thereafter. Virgin stopped doing it sooner than that though IIRC, but I'm unsure what the current position is. I cannot speak for any other TOC the OP asks for though. All I can really recommend is, if no-one can say for definite on here, search their websites and if need be drop their customer services an email.

TDK

Established Member
I am looking to do work experience this summer for a TOC near me (I am based in Nottingham so XC/EMT/NT would be good but VT or LM would be fine too and perhaps EC). If anyone has any advice on how to contact them or perhaps contact details for individual people within TOCs who might be able to help I would be really grateful.

Also, what are my chances of getting any? I know it is quite hard because of H and S'etc. Would Network Rail do it?

Thanks

I know a few who have done work experience with LM and also Chiltern in the past, it may only be office based but if I was you if you get a chance see if you can get into control, as you will learn a hell of a lot about how it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.