Would this be honoured? East Kilbride to Tweedbank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
I was told earlier that Scotrail have issued an intruction to ticket offices not to sell these tickets. Even when there are no other tickets available for a journey!
Amusing then that ScotRail have stopped you from buying a single from Tweedbank to Huddersfield from their own TVM at Tweedbank... but it's quite happy to dispense you a single to Altnabreac for £1.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Amusing then that ScotRail have stopped you from buying a single from Tweedbank to Huddersfield from their own TVM at Tweedbank... but it's quite happy to dispense you a single to Altnabreac for £1.
Yes, a number of other destinations are still available for £1 too!

najaB

Veteran Member
Whoops!

Could ScotRail refund these and refuse to honour them (or require payment of an excess to the correct fare) in the manner of similar situations with online ordering of goods?
If the tickets have actually been issued then I don't believe that they can. They could, I guess, refuse to allow collection of tickets bought online.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Whoops!

Could ScotRail refund these and refuse to honour them (or require payment of an excess to the correct fare) in the manner of similar situations with online ordering of goods?
As I've already collected my tickets I can't see how they could do. And anyway, it's a perfectly valid ticket type.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Are there any cross-border fares priced by Scotrail? They might be worth a look into if they've been newly created

It would even appear that sale tickets are available via Berwick-upon-Tweed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.