• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC class 170 at Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat67

Established Member
This morning I was travelling to Cosford and at Wolverhampton was XC 170519 in the north bay platform. It was possibly doing some sort of driver training.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sufian123

This morning I was travelling to Cosford and at Wolverhampton was XC 170519 in the north bay platform. It was possibly doing some sort of driver training.

It was there till late afternoon. Then went back to new st to form 1609 bhm-lei. Not sure why from bhm was sent to wolves bay for a change.

nat67

Established Member
Maybe Tyseley got fed up of servicing XC's 170's. I know I would get board off looking after such poor looking, tatty units ;)

sufian123

Maybe Tyseley got fed up of servicing XC's 170's. I know I would get board off looking after such poor looking, tatty units ;)

Lool. It was at the bay platform. It comes from Cambridge as 4 cars in the morning. One set did go to Tyseley.

sprinterguy

Established Member
You're quite correct, it was a driver training run, ran yesterday as well. With the building work going on at Wolverhampton at the moment even fitting just a 2-car unit in the bay is a tight squeeze!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Does anything use platform 6 at Wolverhampton other than a few early Shrewsbury services? It looks very isolated!

LowLevel

Established Member
Does anything use platform 6 at Wolverhampton other than a few early Shrewsbury services? It looks very isolated!

It has been known to see use during engineering work.

It's only ever been accessible via a shunt from another platform, you can't just run a train into it and go back out again.

sw1ller

Established Member
It has been known to see use during engineering work.

It's only ever been accessible via a shunt from another platform, you can't just run a train into it and go back out again.

Which renders the platform pointless!! Hope they sort it out with the new works. Anyone have a link for the proposed layout??

LowLevel

Established Member
It wasn't pointless once upon on a time, on a quieter railway the Shrewsbury/Chester DMUs used to shunt into it as plenty of them only went as far as Wolves. They were less bothered about eating up paths with shunts back in the day and it was a saved a set of facing points to look after.

Status
Not open for further replies.