• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyager refresh commences

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
According to thejunction CrossCountry have commenced the Voyager refurbishment program with new upholstery and carpeting fitted to 220008 however the standard class upholstery/carpet design has oddly not been changed (unclear if the website refers to both upholstery and carpets)

Antimacassars are now paper not fabric

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajax46/5977369682/

The design might clash!

However, I do remember an email stating First Class would recieve the new design ahead of Standard Class.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thank you for your patience while I looked into this for you.

I can tell you that we are currently in the process of selecting appropriate new seat covers and carpeting for our Voyager trains. We are working on designing a scheme that compliments the the seat back handles (which are red and blue) and that is in line with our brand. While no firm deadline has been set for this I can tell you that our First Class carriage will be the first to receive the refreshed look.

Thank you once again for taking the time to get in touch.

Customer Relations Consultant
CrossCountry

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
Surely it's time the Voyagers were given a full refurbishment, not just new carpet and trim? The interior is still very much Virgin even after the years of XC operation. Sounds like a cheap option to me, ho hum...

Drsatan

Established Member
Surely it's time the Voyagers were given a full refurbishment, not just new carpet and trim? The interior is still very much Virgin even after the years of XC operation. Sounds like a cheap option to me, ho hum...

Ideally one disabled toilet should be retained in each Voyager with the others removed and replaced by toilets consuming less space. The space made available can be used to provide extra seats - I'd estimate that without the disabled toilet about four more seats (looking at the seating plan here) could be installed. Apparently the reason all the toilets in each Voyager are disabled is because Virgin XC wanted to provide three classes of accommodation in each train (which is what Virgin WC also wanted with the Pendolinos), but this option was dismissed as impractical.

387star

On Moderation
That would be a sound idea and one I am convinced will happen because they will try and find a way to cram even more seats into the already crampt trains.

At least the sewage blast will be lessened!

Drsatan

Established Member
That would be a sound idea and one I am convinced will happen because they will try and find a way to cram even more seats into the already crampt trains.

At least the sewage blast will be lessened!

Apparently the issue of smelly toilets on XC's Voyagers should have been resolved following modifications to the exhaust system. Since the train interiors still smell quite badly I'm assuming Voyagers suffer from a build up of bacteria in the air conditioning outlets which causes these smells: hopefully during refurbishment the air conditioning ducts will be cleaned to solve this.

MCR247

Established Member
But you have to keep doing it, Virgin do it regularly, XC don't, due to cost I presume

Status
Not open for further replies.