• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y2018/122 Driver Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz962

Established Member
Got an e mail for this during the night, no mention of trainee in title , but has a trainee salary. Good luck to those that apply

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RollingOn

So did I... for a second time in the last couple of weeks! Same position?
No, its a different position. I applied for the one last week, this new one states that it is under former TPE t&cs. It would not let me put in for this one because my other application is live. The 1st one was for a start date of September and this new one is for May, both very soon really. I hope they still consider me for both positions.

Jon H

Hi, I got this 2nd vacancy email also.
I also have applie for the one last week. Do you know if we would be considered for both and can you put two applications in seen as same station?
I’ve also noticed this new one /122 seems to be a big difference in salary advertised is that a mistake or is it completely different as under difference Terms and conditions etc?

Thanks in advance
Jon

RollingOn

Hi, I got this 2nd vacancy email also.
I also have applie for the one last week. Do you know if we would be considered for both and can you put two applications in seen as same station?
I’ve also noticed this new one /122 seems to be a big difference in salary advertised is that a mistake or is it completely different as under difference Terms and conditions etc?

Thanks in advance
Jon
I'm not sure if we will be considered for both, but I have read on here before that TOCs have asked people if they would consider different locations to the they applied for, so that gives me a bit of hope. I don't think the salary is a mistake, I too noticed that it is higher, like you said, I think that's just the old TPE salary.

Alan smith

I too applied for the one last week here’s hoping that we will get considered for both and we make the sift! I originally just thought they had not had enough applicants and extended the deadline till I clicked on it and read it in detail.

Jon H

It’s a bit naughty really as the keen lads have jumped at it and got there application in quickly before the deadline or they have received enough applications and closed it. Then they release another course date which is a sooner start date and more pay and I’m sure if more are successful on this earlier starting course then they may fill some of the septembers course with the applicants. I hope we can be considered for both as we can’t apply for both. Maybe a quick email to recruitment is in order.

Jon

Alan smith

It’s a bit naughty really as the keen lads have jumped at it and got there application in quickly before the deadline or they have received enough applications and closed it. Then they release another course date which is a sooner start date and more pay and I’m sure if more are successful on this earlier starting course then they may fill some of the septembers course with the applicants. I hope we can be considered for both as we can’t apply for both. Maybe a quick email to recruitment is in order.

Jon
I’ve just emailed recruitment asking if I can be considered for both positions so fingers crossed, will let you know if I get a response back.

Alan smith

No there was 2 trainee driver adverts, the first one advertised was a course start date of sept then that vacancy closed and a day later another trainee driver with northern popped up for a course start date of May. They really should have advertised it the other way around. I’ve asked to be considered for both and not just the September one as no doubt the Applicants for May might get talent pooled and put forward for the September one. I’ve just noticed Arriva north have now advertised for a trainee train driver from Blackpool too but am not sure if I can apply for that as aren’t they part of northern?

Alan smith

Just had the following reply from HR

Dear alan ,

Thank you for getting in touch with the HR Contact Centre. We have reviewed your query and can confirm the following solution:

Unfortunately you cannot apply for both at the same time but we can transfer your original application to the new vacancy if you wish. Could you confirm if you would like this to happen?

Many Thanks

The HR Contact Centre Team

Not sure what to do now probably will transfer my application but if I was very lucky to be successful I can’t see them getting the course started for the end of May. Any ideas or opinions on what to do?

214countdown

No there was 2 trainee driver adverts, the first one advertised was a course start date of sept then that vacancy closed and a day later another trainee driver with northern popped up for a course start date of May. They really should have advertised it the other way around. I’ve asked to be considered for both and not just the September one as no doubt the Applicants for May might get talent pooled and put forward for the September one. I’ve just noticed Arriva north have now advertised for a trainee train driver from Blackpool too but am not sure if I can apply for that as aren’t they part of northern?
Ah sorry, I misunderstood. Didn't realise that 2 trainee vacancies had been advertised.

xtradj

Hi,

I wonder if the first advert was for September 2018

and the second should be end of May 2019?

I can't imagine with it closing 6th May 2018, they could get everyone through assessments, testing, and medicals and then give notice for start dates at the end of May 2018?

Alan smith

Hi,

I wonder if the first advert was for September 2018

and the second should be end of May 2019?

I can't imagine with it closing 6th May 2018, they could get everyone through assessments, testing, and medicals and then give notice for start dates at the end of May 2018?

That would make more sense but they should be more clearer really in there job adverts, just have to see what happens I suppose

xtradj

That would make more sense but they should be more clearer really in there job adverts, just have to see what happens I suppose

I’ve been told from an NR employee that it is in fact May 2018. That would be an extremely quick turn around

Alan smith

I’ve been told from an NR employee that it is in fact May 2018. That would be an extremely quick turn around

Yeah I’ve just had a response back from HR saying the same thing I can’t see them getting it done that quick either but you never know I suppose.

Jon H

Hi Alan I had the same email back regarding transferring my application to the 2nd advertised /122. I have also rang and asked what the main differences are in terms and conditions before I jump ship so to speak but they just said all the information is on the advert!! I can’t see it anywere for the differences between the two.

Anyway I have taken the decision to transfer it over for a sooner start date opportunity

Thanks guys
Jon

LETHLFH

Northern advertised the EX-TPE job internally for qualified drivers. It's approx £4000 extra salary wise. Just my opinion but logic dictates to me that qualified drivers will get the ex TPE jobs and be able to meet the May start date quite easily. There for creating even more vacancies for September time but no trainees taken on in May.

Alan smith

No me neither only differences I could see was the course start date and the salary fingers crossed we make the cut

Jon H

Hi, yes that could easily be the case but I guess they’ve posted it publicly for a reason for new trainees. It’s inoossible to know let’s just see how we get on

Best of luck to you all
Jon

The two trainees positions are for the two separate links. Which used to be the TPE link and the old northern link, now both northern but still using there old t’s and c’s.
TPE link have Sunday’s in there working week northern do not.

Jon H

The two trainees positions are for the two separate links. Which used to be the TPE link and the old northern link, now both northern but still using there old t’s and c’s.
TPE link have Sunday’s in there working week northern do not.

Hi, thanks for clearing that up as I was unsure of the differences in T&c’s.

Thanks
Jon

Jon H

Anyone had any feedback yet for either two Blackpool Positions?

Thanks
Jon

Alan smith

No I’ve not heard anything yet, I transferred my application to the end of May course start day so thought would have heard by now guess it’s going be the old ‘thanks but no thanks’

Worldwide

I’m assuming the recruitment process is very slow for northern.

I was interviewed a few weeks ago for another role and the interviewer was like I’ll get back to you within 3 days.

Not heard a dickie bird yet and it’s been 2 weeks now. I called recruitment and they said no decisions have been made yet.

xtradj

One of the roles is due to start this month!

How they plan on assessment days/testing and medicals to be completed before then I’ve no idea!

Jon H

Yes they are very slow I had an application in for Wigan in September 2017 I still haven’t been told yes or no . I rang up and said I considered my application not live anymore and applied for the Blackpool position.

Hi Alan Smith I too have transferred my application over to the sooner start date but have heard nothing at all.

Thanks
Jon

Worldwide

It's frausting as the position I applied for they made reference they wanted people to start ASAP. I'm new to all this so I may be just being impateient.

Do they take into consideration your application, test results and interview performance when making the hiring decision ?

Last edited:

Jon H

Still nothing, apart from an email for Trainess in Newcastle, Carlisle, Leeds and Hull

Alan smith

Still not heard anything either I’m assuming now they’ve already started the interview process. They should at least update the portal as my application still classes as live so there for not able to apply for another vacancy should I need too.

Status
Not open for further replies.