• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Help!

BVE4 or Both?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
As you know, I am making a fictioanl route for BVE2/4.2. However, I can't be bothered removing all the BVE4 stuff I've put in the routefiles so they will be compatible with BVE2. :?
I would like you to vote in a poll for whether I should make the route for BVE4.2 only or both. I am sure most of you use BVE4, and if you don't, get using it, it is SO much better than 2. :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
With foresight it is easy to be able to create BVE2 routefiles. Before every BVE4 command put a comment like thus:

;BVE4,.beacon 21;0;0;100,

Then just do a simple Find & Replace job in your favourite editor replacing ;BVE4, with ;BVE4 which will comment out all the BVE4 commands.

The Snap

Established Member
OK, I will have a look at that. Just wondered if there was much point making the route BVE2, as I don't think many people use it anymore. What do you think guys? Vote now!

Chris

I use both because of graphics card problems so BVE4 stock choice is limited. Also there are so many routes that just aren't available for BVE4 yet. Routes like Sandymill - Balfearn & Glasgow Underground.

The Snap

Established Member
Chris said:
I use both because of graphics card problems so BVE4 stock choice is limited. Also there are so many routes that just aren't available for BVE4 yet. Routes like Sandymill - Balfearn & Glasgow Underground.

Yeah, I agree with you there, about the Sanymill routes - they would be SO, SO good for BVE4! :D

Tom B

Established Member
*pedant* AFAIK they are CSV so could be run in BVE4. Otherwise just run them through BVE4. Change the .signal to .sigF and slap a few beacons and brightness commands in and hey presto! (OK it's a bit more complex but).

Ben

BVE2

as i cannot for the file of me install trains in BVE4

The Snap

Established Member
158 said:
BVE2

as i cannot for the file of me install trains in BVE4

Can you explain that a little, and I might be able to help! :D

T

Tom

Both - especially for me, my laptop is unable to run BVE4 trains or routes without fuzzing it up completely.

Chris

Thanks very much BVEinEssex. That is a website that has been kept quiet. Its such a great route, first one i drove when i started BVE, so I'm very faithful to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.