• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Photoshopped/paint liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Burkitt

Their lack of ETH capability made them impractical for passenger use, but what if the Westerns were regeared and put on freight services, surviving until culled by EWS?

Andy

Really like this one of the Western, I did one of a class 142 in remembrance livery, I not sure if I still have it, but I'm sure it went into the magazine at some point.

Burkitt

B2750 Buzzard - With Kestrel probably forever lost, perhaps a 47 could be repainted as a tribute to it?

In the aftermath of nuclear conflict, with the North Sea oil rigs destroyed and the Middle East cut off, the strategic steam reserve emerges from its bunkers to transport goods vital to survival and rebuilding.

Last edited:

Death

Established Member

In the aftermath of nuclear conflict, with the North Sea oil rigs destroyed and the Middle East cut off, the strategic steam reserve emerges from its bunkers to transport goods vital to survival and rebuilding.
Should be interesting for those trainspotters who watched "Protect and Survive". :lol:
I'd say! But at the same time AlternativeRailways does have a very good point! :!:

When the crude does run out (It has already begun to, no?) and there isn't enough Diesel about to meet the demands of the railway, we might well be seeing a return to steam traction for a lot of slower passenger services, and almost all freight haulage. :)

The only real change that I could see in that - Aside from new locos being built to modern designs, and possible creation of SMUs (Steam multiple units) - Is that they'd probabally be converted to burn wood and other renewable sources like waste paper. With the cost of coal already pushing Tornado's operations through the roof, I'd be very surprised if any modern kettles were intended to use it. <D

For those of us who aren't old enough to remember the Cold War era and the series of Protect and Survive videos that our Government had commissioned to advise us on what to do in the event of nuclear strike, This YouTube Channel is well worth having a look at! 8-)

LE Greys

Established Member
That's got me thinking, so we can have a short wish list.

2-8-2+2-8-2 Garratt with twin cabs (presumably burning pulverised coal)
An updated gas turbine freight loco (they can burn pulverised coal if need be)
A version of the 5AT, but a Pacific

All would be possible for a while, there is more than enough coal to last for the next 800 years, a lot of it in Britain

Burkitt

More conspiracy theories...

Rumours of the Strategic Reserve suggest it could also include some diesel locomotives, which in deep bunkers would be protected from the electromagnetic pulse of a nuclear attack. A possible source for diesel locos could have been a secret add-on to the Cuban order for class 47s, which was already kept quiet to avoid Brush's parent company Hawker Siddeley losing US military contracts for exporting to the embargoed communist nation.
With much of the country uninhabitable due to deadly levels of radioactivity, a "47" hauls a train of refugees towards the undamaged ports on the west coast of Wales, where they hope to gain passage on a ship to one of the areas of the world which escaped the war, like Australia, South America, or Africa. The loco bears the logo of the Royal Logistics Corps, whose members are reported to still train on steam locos at preserved lines on a regular basis. Two of the tracks have had their rails stripped to repair other damaged sections of the line.

Aictos

Established Member
Wouldn't mind seeing a 390 in a what if scenarioro in the current First livery if First won the West Coast instead of Virgin/Stagecoach and introduce the 390s instead.

ungreat

Nevermind.

Dont start frothing.....
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
. With the cost of coal already pushing Tornado's operations through the roof, I'd be very surprised if any modern kettles were intended to use it. <D
[/size]

If the last Conservative government hadn't killed off the mines (we have 500 years worth of coal under us to burn)after the 1984/5 strikes we might be in a position to run steam again...seeing as Thatcher wanted to bury the NUM union and kill the industry,we are lucky to run steam at all.The load of crap about climate change ,burning fossil fuels etc is just that...crap.The Conservatives killed the coalfields..now they have power again.

Anyway..who has the pics of the westerns in NSE livery? want to see them again!

Established Member
Dont start frothing.....

:lol: :lol: hahaha, Pint for that ;)

How about a 50 in FGW, Virgin or SWT Livery?

I wasn't going to. Anyway, if you ment me being angry, the term is thrashy not frothy.

no the term is angry, thrash is the term used when an engine is reved up hard can be used for Bikes cars or trains (someone correct me if im wrong though :lol:)

Last edited:

LE Greys

Established Member
:How about a 50 in FGW, Virgin or SWT Livery?

How about Intercity swallow? That should have happened, because 50s should have been on the XC services instead of 47s. Give them a thorough overhaul, and they could have run into the 21st Century under Virgin.

FlyingScot

no the term is angry, thrash is the term used when an engine is reved up hard can be used for Bikes cars or trains (someone correct me if im wrong though :lol:)

That was a joke. I've noticed that when trains or cars start to thrash it makes them sound a bit angry so instead of saying I get angry, I say that I get thrashy.

Established Member
How about Intercity swallow? That should have happened, because 50s should have been on the XC services instead of 47s. Give them a thorough overhaul, and they could have run into the 21st Century under Virgin.

Yeah ICS would look mint, how bout one in the same livery as the CP1800s....

Burkitt

Three more tributes to lost prototypes.

A Peak in the black of the LMS twins.

BRCW's white Lion livery reproduced on a class 47.

For these two I've left the underframes black, for practicality of both photoshopping and cleaning.

Brush Kestrel livery on a 47

Paul

Last edited:

Burkitt

Had the campaign to save the Brighton Belle, backed by many celebrities of the day, succeeded in its goal, how long would they have stayed in service? Unit 403052 awaits its fate after replacement in 1990 with new trains based on the class 442.

LE Greys

Established Member

Had the campaign to save the Brighton Belle, backed by many celebrities of the day, succeeded in its goal, how long would they have stayed in service? Unit 403052 awaits its fate after replacement in 1990 with new trains based on the class 442.

An NSE Pullman. Wonderful idea! I want to see the Pullman 442 as well. BTW, they originally considered painting the Wessex units in Intercity colours, but Chris Green insisted on NSE.

Burkitt

Interesting that Intercity livery was considered for the 442s, especially as there were never any other Intercity multiple units. The Pullman 442s would have looked pretty much the same externally as the real NSE ones, just with Pullman lettering above the windows.

An LMS 8F in BR lined green.

Burkitt

What if the East London Line and North London Line had been fully integrated into the London Underground and the class 378s given the standard red, white and blue livery? Alternatively, class 378s could be used on the Metropolitan line to replace the A stock on the Chesham shuttle, where 8 cars of S stock are rather excessive.

What if Transport for London had ordered S stock for the Overground to standardise on a single type of non-tube train across all their railway operations?

London Underground DLR

LSE Jaffa Cake Brighton Belle

Burkitt

Reverse Jaffa Cake Pullman livery, a similar idea to the reverse blue and grey used on corporate image Pullmans. Looks closer to traditional Pullman livery too.

Paul

Bittern

Established Member
I have a question. How the heck do you put another livery on a train in photoshop and make it look perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.