• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£5 Voucher for RedSpottedHanky via FB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyesbkz

11 July: This offer is back again!

If you submit your email address of a registered RedSpottedHanky account via their Facebook page, they'll apply a £5 voucher to your account!

But hurry, as there are only 1,000 vouchers available...

Terms and conditions
- Only one entry per person and email address allowed.
- You must sign up for an account at http://www.redspottedhanky.com to have your voucher applied.
- Please allow 72 hours for voucher to be applied
- Email addresses will be used only to apply points to your redspottedhanky account
- We will not send you marketing information unless you opt in when you register at redspottedhanky.com
- Voucher can be redeemed off rail travel booked through redspottedhanky.com
- Your voucher will appear on your redspottedhanky.com account

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member
Thanks a bunch. Still in excess of 900 slots for anyone else who's interested - but only until midnight tonight!

Established Member
Still 840 left, Surprised they're going so slowly.
Will be perfect for my trip to London to do the 90p Return trip to Eastbourne I booked during the Southern 90% Sale

Last edited:

errata

Superb, thanks! Will the FGW 5 pounds offer be back any time soon? That was a real boon.

lyesbkz

If the offer voucher works like the rest of the RSH vouchers (and I think it does) then this means you can buy tickets which cost less than £5, get them for free and keep the remaining balance of the voucher to use again another time!

Pretty impressive really, but it's a shame the offer doesn't seem that popular.

radamfi

Established Member
If the offer voucher works like the rest of the RSH vouchers (and I think it does) then this means you can buy tickets which cost less than £5, get them for free and keep the remaining balance of the voucher to use again another time!

That's how their e-vouchers which come from Tesco Clubcard points work.

mullin

Shame my Facebook account does not work at the moment :(

Account unavailable

Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Still, 782 remaining...

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It looks like the post that was on MSE has been removed. I'm not sure why.

Quite often MSE will remove offers if the promoter asks on the grounds of the huge increase in traffic crashing the site :)

aleph_0

I did post about it on the MSE forums here:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=44888950

And it hasn't been removed, and doesn't seem to have generated too much interest. The boards are quite fast-moving, so it seems to quickly get pushed to later pages, so hasn't generated huge traffic. I think MSE only really generates large traffic when people reply enough to keep the thread on the first page, or when Martin posts about an offer on the main site.

wintonian

Established Member
I haven’t got a Facebook account :(

Why should I need an account with RedSpottedHanky and Facebook to avail of a RedSpottedHanky promotion? :?

WestCoast

Established Member
Why should I need an account with RedSpottedHanky and Facebook to avail of a RedSpottedHanky promotion? :?

Because it's something offered to "fans of RSH" on their Facebook page. Setting up a basic facebook account takes minutes, just delete it after you get the voucher.

pemma

Veteran Member

It's called digital marketing. If you click to like 'RedSpottedHanky' then updates from them will appear in your Facebook news feed, which may encourage some people to buy tickets or make journeys they wouldn't otherwise have made.

On the same basis you could question why was a Northern Rail offer only available to readers of certain Lancashire local press and not available to anyone who visited a Northern Rail managed ticket office.

snail

Established Member
I haven’t got a Facebook account :(

Because they want something in return for giving you a fiver off travel! It's the way social network marketing works nowadays, we have to get used to it.

541 left at 22:30. (540 at 22:31, now I've signed up ;))

pemma

Veteran Member
The offer's back on for anyone who didn't take it up at the time. There's 299 still available.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I was just wondering how there were still 252 left after 11 days.

bnm

Established Member
I've now received four!!!! Huh?

Pretty sure I only clicked on the link once. Not complaining - the £20 will come in handy - but those responsible for the promotion don't seem to have a very robust system in place.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
causton said:
Applied for two, and just got a third! :D Oh well... ;)
Yes, I've got that too :? .

I just checked back into the promo tab and got this (rightly):

TP

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 20 07 2011.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 20 07 2011.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 44

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I just checked mine and it appears that I have two vouchers as well. I only applied once. Well, not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.