• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

150130 new door controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

150130 sat in bristol is now fitted with intermediate door controls at the rear sets of doors in each coach with big stickers over the box saying Not yet in use! About time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
why didn't they fit them to the other 2 sets of doors?, Guard could still have to fight his/her way through a mass crowd to get to them set of doors.

why didn't they fit them to the other 2 sets of doors?, Guard could still have to fight his/her way through a mass crowd to get to them set of doors.

I agree. It was enough hassle getting the ones currenty being installed, let alone all doors!

Established Member
I don't deny its a good start though, Will be an improvement but just a shame they didn't do all the doors to get the job finished,

Last edited:
FGW are doing all their 150/1's with intermidiate door controls, the same way as the current 150/2's!

And they are going to be carriage key operated, unlike the current ones at each cab end which are BR1 key operated and will remain so!

BestWestern

Established Member

The 150/2 sets only have the intermediate controls on the outermost sets of doors, so presumably it was deemed sensible to do the same on the /1 units. The proximity of the inner sets of doors to the cab end controls probably makes the extra expense unnecessary. Although I agree it would be helpful to have a box at every door! Good old 158's, can't beat em :D

Fincra5

Established Member
Only took 30 odd years before 313s had panels fitted (in the middle only). Apparently the wiring is a complete mess and non-standard after so many years of modifications :D

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Methinks the Thames Turbos could also do with intermediate door controls, given my experience with weekend North Downs trains, on which typically no-one has a ticket...

TEW

Established Member
Turbos could do with door controls for the guard anywhere on the train. Currently the guard has to go the rear cab and tell the driver to close the door using the buzzer, takes longer than the guard closing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.