• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3000 applicants so far for TPE trainee dvr jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kleb15

I have applied, but i'll take my chances and say there's no way i'll get through to the next stage, but who knows, i might win the euromillions tonight, and if that happens i might have to re-evaluate and say, i might get through :D

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Hope not lol
They don't have long to get guys/gals trained before franchise is due for renewal and even then it's up for debate as to what is happening to TPE

Lanc688

You could be squeaking for a long time if its like the First Capital Connect ones, still waiting six months later! ;)

First interviews/tests will be carried out in September I believe. Again, a little birdie told me.

Not long to wait now for the next stage for some, if that is indeed the case.

Lanc

E16 Cyclist

I've applied as a qualified driver and had email yesterday for some concentration and comunication assessments next week and dates given for interviews of 10th and 11th september

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I've applied as a qualified driver and had email yesterday for some concentration and comunication assessments next week and dates given for interviews of 10th and 11th september

Best of luck, is that for Liverpool?

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Have I missed the vacancies for the new Preston train crew depot for the 350's to/from Scotland? If not, any ideas when they will be advertised?

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Have I missed the vacancies for the new Preston train crew depot for the 350's to/from Scotland? If not, any ideas when they will be advertised?

I think they recruited for Preston at beginning of year..

Might be wrong though

doubleamber

Well i'm still awaiting shortlist..

I have done the driver asessment at DBS, will I have to do it again if i get to interview stage???

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I'm in same boat, I sat tests 5 months ago.
I think DBS do assessments for TPE so I hope not, there is a poster on becoming a driver thread that's been invited to Assesment

doubleamber

Still not getting my hopes up to much, in my experience there is always someone bigger, better, has a mate etc. Airlines dont get that many applications for flying jobs!!!

Read somewhere there is 10 jobs going at 3 depots, 300 people for 1 position!!!!

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Still not getting my hopes up to much, in my experience there is always someone bigger, better, has a mate etc. Airlines dont get that many applications for flying jobs!!!

Read somewhere there is 10 jobs going at 3 depots, 300 people for 1 position!!!!

Yep it has to be in the top 5 desired jobs in this country now big competition.
I have sat tests and lost 8.5 stone hence my name ;) to try to become driver

BLS

The shortlisting for the last intake took two months. Looks like there's even more applicants this time too!

doubleamber

Yep it has to be in the top 5 desired jobs in this country now big competition.
I have sat tests and lost 8.5 stone hence my name ;) to try to become driver

That is comitment!! well done!!

Im hoping my engineering background might give me an advantage, but by the looks of it, luck could come into it !

Also got a PPL, and used a fly senario on my structured interview and passed.

Lanc688

Close to me, going to meadowhall tomorrow as it goes.!:D:cry:

I'm in the same county as you, however i would still need to relocate to be within the allotted time.

Anyway there's still the small matter of an invite first...awaiting shortlisting also.

Lanc

Status
Not open for further replies.