• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4SRKT - Rest in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm very sorry to say that 4SRKT of this forum (William) has died - he was found dead at his home earlier this week.

I know several people here knew him, so thought I'd let everyone know.

I'm glad to have been able to call him a friend. RIP Will.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
That's terrible news.

I conversed with him many times on here and met him on a few meets.

Bumped into him on the train from Carnforth only a few weeks back and we had an enjoyable chat.

A thoroughly decent bloke.

RIP Will.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's terrible news.

I conversed with him many times on here and met him on a few meets.

Bumped into him on the train from Carnforth only a few weeks back and we had an enjoyable chat.

A thoroughly decent bloke.

RIP Will.
I concur.

He had attended several of our Yorkshire forum meals, so several of us knew him through those events.

I was shocked when I heard the news. Far too young...

RIP :(

theblackwatch

Established Member
I too was extremely shocked when I heard the new earlier today - he was one of those people I'd bump into at events as well as at forum meals, and I'd only chatted with him on a railtour in Ireland less than two weeks ago. Condolences to his family and all his close friends.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Thats put a dampner on my day. Never met him but conversed (mostly about our love of Pacers) and some of his previous trip reports are inspiringly good.

Would it be insensative to ask if a cause of death is known?

RIP good sir

backontrack

Established Member
It's terrible that 4SRKT has died. My thoughts are with his friends, and especially his family at this difficult time. R. I. P.

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
This is sad news indeed, I only met Will once on a bash in West Yorkshire a few years ago, and we did a bit of a Pacer bash before flooding stopped play and we had a beer at Hebden Bridge while we waited for the decision on where the 144s would then go.

He was certainly a great guy, full of knowledge of all things Northern Ireland Railway-related and really friendly to boot. I haven't seen much of him on here for a while, but I am truely saddened by this loss.

RIP Will, I hope you've got some NIR 450s up there with you. Condolences to the family and, indeed, his close friends too :(

Capybara

Oh, what very sad news. I never met him (nor, knowingly, anyone from here) but when I started on here he was the first poster who 'stood out'. Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

I don't know the cause of death I'm afraid, sorry! Just that he was found dead in his flat.

GB

Established Member
Very sad.

You see all these threads of late on celebrity passings but you never think you would see one regarding members on here.

RIP

Crossover

Established Member
RIP William - seeing the news the other day came as a bit of a shock :(

Never did get the chance to meet him (we always seemed to end up attending different forum meals!) but had the odd PM exchange with him when he realised we had the same surname

Thoughts with family and friends

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Very sad.

You see all these threads of late on celebrity passings but you never think you would see one regarding members on here.

RIP

Agreed. Not often you see such a thread on here (my thanks to Blindtraveller for alerting me to this), which makes it even more of a shock when it happens. Especially when it's someone you know.

He always seemed healthy to me up to and including when I met him some time back too.

Established Member
Didnt know the guy but he obviously touched a few hearts among those that did. Always sad to hear of someone who also had a love of the railways. I hope heaven has a good station up there.
May he rest in peace and my utmost condolances to his family and friends.

Last edited:

alexf380

Established Member
It certainly is a shock, considering I saw him post on here just a few days ago. Thoughts go out to his family and friends, who are no doubt going through their own hell right now.

RIP

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Shocking. Never had the pleasure of meeting William but enjoyed his posts.

Always sad to lose a member of our community.

RIP

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
43096 dropped me the news when he was on my train earlier. I didn't know him personally but my condolences go out to those of you who did know him and will miss him

the sniper

Established Member
Always sad to see the passing of a familiar and respected forum member, even if you don't know them personally. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

carriageline

Established Member
Thoughts with his friends and family :(

Rest in peace mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.