• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

8X09 Ashfordby-Amersham LU S-stock still running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
I've been a bit behind the times on this...

The 8X23 Old Dalby to Litchurch Lane and the 8X09 Ashfordby to Amersham LU 'S' stock moves - are these movements still taking place?

If so, please would a kind soul tell me of any known 8X09 pathing dates & times, over the coming few weeks. I feel the need to see four EE Choppers in action...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Why is this always listed as running to Amersham - when of course it doesn't just sit on the LU boundary and runs to Neasden depot?
Does this happen for the Chiltern services too or do they not because at HotH they (IIRC) re-enter National Rail?
And lastly, are the Chiltern services (and 8X09 and similar runs) assigned a 3-digit train idenfitier?

Boothby97

Established Member
8X23 09:33 Litchurch Lane(Derby)-Old Dalby TT runs on a Tuesday only but may not always run. 8X09 11:42 Old Dalby TT-Amersham runs on a Wednesday Only but may not always run. It takes for ever to reach North London as it passes Tamworth at 18:20 and passes Hatton at 20:25 and arrives at Banbury at 21:15 and leaves at 22:30. Talk about a long journey.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Why is this always listed as running to Amersham - when of course it doesn't just sit on the LU boundary and runs to Neasden depot?

As far as we are concerned, it ends its trip when it leaves NR territory, what it does after that isnt our concern. We plan Chilterns all the way through as they end up at/from Marylebone.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
8X09 11:42 Old Dalby TT-Amersham runs on a Wednesday Only but may not always run. It takes for ever to reach North London as it passes Tamworth at 18:20 and passes Hatton at 20:25 and arrives at Banbury at 21:15 and leaves at 22:30. Talk about a long journey.

It's long as it only runs at 40mph and is a swine to path, other trains catch it with ease. It also has to go through the back platform at Dorridge due to clearance issues which doesnt help.

Boothby97

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I presume 20301/302/304/305 are used as they are in the GBEE pool. When do the locos return light engine to Derby, can't find it anywhere on Freightliner Online or in the books.

DavyCrocket

And lastly, are the Chiltern services (and 8X09 and similar runs) assigned a 3-digit train idenfitier?

Chiltern retain their usual reporting numbers. I'm 99% certain that the trains that bring the S Stock have a three digit set number - but I don't have an EWSA to hand.

Old Timer

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I presume 20301/302/304/305 are used as they are in the GBEE pool. When do the locos return light engine to Derby, can't find it anywhere on Freightliner Online or in the books.
They return LD off the LUL system asap and before normal running hours as LUL dont like to mix "other" trains with their own.

Boothby97

Established Member
Do the four 20s stable at Derby from I presume Thursday Morning to Tuesday Morning or do they go elsewhere.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Planner, if it's a) permissible and b) not trouble for you, please could you PM me with principle pathing times. I'll try and catch the movement north of Banbury. May thanks.

If I remember on Tuesday when Im back in the office, i'll stick them on here unless someone else can get a TRUST report off it sooner.

Freightmaster

Established Member
...please could you PM me with principle pathing times. I'll try and catch the movement north of Banbury.

Code:
 TYSELEY             pass 19:23 
 BENTLEY HEATH L.C.  pass 19:35 
 DORRIDGE           19:39-20:15  
 HATTON              pass 20:27  
 LEAMINGTON SPA      pass 20:43  
 FENNY COMPTON       pass 21:01   
 BANBURY            21:14-22:31

hope this helps,

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.