• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia - Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

balky001

Has anyone had any positive confirmation that their application has passed screening yet? Still believing no news is good news :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sgiot

Still waiting too. Have had 3 missed calls from withheld numbers which hasn't made me feel any better, especially as I've never had PPI or had an accident at work that wasn't my fault.

Sikes 88

Still waiting too. Have had 3 missed calls from withheld numbers which hasn't made me feel any better, especially as I've never had PPI or had an accident at work that wasn't my fault.

What score did you get

Sgiot

63, which I think is around the average ? . Keeping fingers crossed that it's enough to get me to assessments.

Just got the knock back email this morning. Extremely disappointed as I thought my app was very strong! Gutted :(

DavidUK

Hello firecrackerads, sorry to hear that. When did you put your application in? and would you mind sharing what score your application had?

Hello firecrackerads, sorry to hear that. When did you put your application in? and would you mind sharing what score your application had?

App was submitted on 3rd May and I scored 71.

Sgiot

You scored 71 and still didn't get invited to assessments ? ! . Isn't 71 about the highest score that's possible ? . Jesus, that's made me reconsider my chances.

You scored 71 and still didn't get invited to assessments ? ! . Isn't 71 about the highest score that's possible ? . Jesus, that's made me reconsider my chances.

From what i've seen on here 71 is a well above average score, I'm still wracking my brain as to what I could have done to make my app any better. Only thing I can assume is that I would have been relocating

Sgiot

Maybe ? , although I've seen a few posts on here saying that FOC's don't hold distance against you as long as you're willing to relocate. Makes you wonder exactly what you need to do to even get assessed. I'd say ask them for feedback, but I've learnt from experience that Abellio are particularly good at turning a blind eye to emails .

Sikes 88

Bloody hell 71 and a knock back. It has to be based on what is said on the application aswel as the scoring. I'm not as confident as I once was and I only got a score of 68

Maybe ? , although I've seen a few posts on here saying that FOC's don't hold distance against you as long as you're willing to relocate. Makes you wonder exactly what you need to do to even get assessed. I'd say ask them for feedback, but I've learnt from experience that Abellio are particularly good at turning a blind eye to emails .

I did state, quite clearly that I was more than willing to relocate. I have emailed but as you've said, I wont be expecting a reply!

387star

On Moderation
From what i've seen on here 71 is a well above average score, I'm still wracking my brain as to what I could have done to make my app any better. Only thing I can assume is that I would have been relocating

Bizarre!!! I got 71 when I applied last december and got through and live miles from cambridge so relocating was a must! Maybe they no longer want as many trainees or reckon they can fill it internally

Sikes 88

Bizarre!!! I got 71 when I applied last december and got through and live miles from cambridge so relocating was a must! Maybe they no longer want as many trainees or reckon they can fill it internally

I spoke to a manager who told me they're only looking for 12 trainees. 6 at Cambridge and 6 at stortford. They also said depot drivers get priority so I'm assuming a fair few depot drivers have applied

Dave1987

On Moderation
I spoke to a manager who told me they're only looking for 12 trainees. 6 at Cambridge and 6 at stortford. They also said depot drivers get priority so I'm assuming a fair few depot drivers have applied

Not surprised depot drivers get priority, they are already in the driving grade and will have proven track records.

Panupreset

There are no depot drivers on the West Anglia side. Depot Drivers can apply for these positions. Not sure of the exact process.
With regard to feedback I believe the national average is about 350 applicants per job for train drivers. To give feedback to everyone is not realistic.

Last edited:

Sgiot

Well done on the invite :)
Can I ask what application score you got ?

Sikes 88

I'm hearing through the grape vine that everyone not contacted so far has made it through the sifting BUT they are working there way from the top scores down. And if they feel they can fill the vacancies with those then the lower scores won't be invited to assessment. Not sure how true this is

Status
Not open for further replies.