• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

birmz_

Nothing from Birmingham as a Feb 2019 application
I applied in Feb, and I had my DMI last Friday. I had previously passed all my assessments though. The process can be abit long sometimes but don't worry they will eventually contact you. If anyone needs advice just ask I will help anyway I can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

birmz_

Cheers mate, mine also says under consideration.
guys don't stress yourself out by checking that, it wont change at all until you've had a job offer. im currently at the medical stage and mine still says the same. hope this helps.

EGL1

I applied for this a few months ago and I’ve been invited to an assessment centre for WMT a week Wednesday, my application has changed to Coventry from Worcester. A have some questions if anyone can help:

Is this considered stage 1 of the application ?

It says if successful you will be invited to driver interviews presumably these don’t happen the same day ?

Can anyone offer any tips or point me in the direction of what to expect from the Group Bourdon and everyday attention tests ? And where the best place to find practice examples are ?

Thanks all

GG96LFC

Hello friend. Yes this sounds like stage 1 where you do your paper tests. Usually if successful you’ll have stage 2 on a separate day which is usually the computer test, driver manager interview and multi modal interview. Group bourdon is the dots test, best way to practice is use the practice material they sent you, but also look at group bourdon images online and challenge yourself with them. There’s not much practice available online for the everyday attention test, so keep practicing the practice material they sent you for it

birmz_

I applied for this a few months ago and I’ve been invited to an assessment centre for WMT a week Wednesday, my application has changed to Coventry from Worcester. A have some questions if anyone can help:

It says if successful you will be invited to driver interviews presumably these don’t happen the same day ?

Can anyone offer any tips or point me in the direction of what to expect from the Group Bourdon and everyday attention tests ? And where the best place to find practice examples are ?

Thanks all

Hi I can not remember exactly where I found it but if you do abit of searching on the net you will find and be able to download a computer version of the group bourdon test and you can practise til your hearts content. it will give you your score and how many errors you make. be mindful no one knows the pass mark so just keep practising and you should be fine.
Im not sure which other test you was asking about I think you mean the tea-occ. which is exactly what it say it is in your practise paper try to set up a mock for yourself get someone to make different noises and count them while you search. best thing for that is to use your practise paper its pretty much the same, slightly different format but essentially the same.

Last edited:

birmz_

Thanks all
I did paper tests first(stage 1). then I got invited to a dmi on a separate day, it takes a few days to get a reply to say if you've passed which will then be followed by an invite to stage 2 which are computer tests and mmi. it may have change as I did mine a while ago but that's the only format Ive ever heard about.

andyccfc

I have been invited to the same assessment centre, it doesn't say where it is based though? I have emailed recruitment to see if they have any other dates as I am struggling with 5th June.

Wba0986

I have been invited to the same assessment centre, it doesn't say where it is based though? I have emailed recruitment to see if they have any other dates as I am struggling with 5th June.
Andy which depot did you apply for? I did new street and am still yet to hear anything.

andyccfc

Ok. I take it they have changed your depot as it is closer to where you live and they need people there or just a random change?
No idea. I am closer to Coventry so I assumed it was for that reason. I have requested to differ my invite for 5th. Recruitment have said they will have other dates coming up so hopefully wont be too far away.

EGL1

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I've now managed to open the email attachments on a proper desktop computer now I'm back in the office. I didn't realise there was an 85 page practice document attached I could only see the DFFT test on my iphone email. It certainly looks like I have a lot of work to do in the next 7 days in terms of practice.

Hello friend. Yes this sounds like stage 1 where you do your paper tests. Usually if successful you’ll have stage 2 on a separate day which is usually the computer test, driver manager interview and multi modal interview. Group bourdon is the dots test, best way to practice is use the practice material they sent you, but also look at group bourdon images online and challenge yourself with them. There’s not much practice available online for the everyday attention test, so keep practicing the practice material they sent you for it

It looks like everything is included in the practice document stage 1 & 2. I initially thought it was all assessed on the same day but it looks like you are correct and its split over two days if successful.

Once you select your time to attend you get a conformation email with the venue. Mines at De Vere Colmore Gate in Birmingham City Centre

Coach Carter

yh they are good, they don't leave you hanging about long at all. have you had your interview yet?

Yer had my interview on Friday afternoon. Really don’t think I performed very well if I’m honest, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for now though.
You had any news on a medical being booked it yet?

Boys and Girls,

Just received an email stating I passed the sift and they are now awaiting dates for the tests, which they say they will send when they are confirmed.

As a reminder I’m a Birmingham applicant.

ratbag

Boys and Girls,

Just received an email stating I passed the sift and they are now awaiting dates for the tests, which they say they will send when they are confirmed.

Great news. Now is the time to get some practice and prep for the tests.

Wba0986

Boys and Girls,

Well done, I also got the same email this morning. Did they also send it to you 16 times?
Boys and Girls,

Well done, I also got the same email this morning. Did they also send it to you 16 times?

They sure did, but I dare not complain.
I’d rather get it 16 times than be accidentally removed from the mailing list.

I hope to see you at the assessment day soon.

Wba0986

They sure did, but I dare not complain.
I’d rather get it 16 times than be accidentally removed from the mailing list.

I hope to see you at the assessment day soon.
Haha must mean they really want us lol.
Wonder how long this next wait will be? Hopefully sometime in June.

L.j.

Congratulations to everyone so far, I've been in this thread from the beginning but my log-in was playing up, so I was unable to communicate with everyone, only got sorted now.

I've had the same e-mail as well, send a few times lol! I applied for birmingham.

abacus614

Boys and Girls,

Yep me too phone was buzzing left right and centre! Well done to everyone who's on to the next stage.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I've just been reading some of the posts in this thread.

Can anyone confirm if these on-line tests are used for non driving roles in the rail industry such as office based or customer services, that are not safety critical?

I've recently applied for a job outside the railway industry and I spent hours evidencing examples of skills that made me suitable for the role. I then submitted my application thinking that was the end of the first part. However, I then had to answer ten online questions that were somewhat 'off the wall' in their topics. The answers were made up of three answers - true, false or cannot say. I've never come across this type of assessment before so I was a little taken aback. There was no definitive answer so I had to answer each question as best I could. Unfortunately, I dipped this test at the end and this automatically rejected my application that I had spent so much time on!!! I felt this test was a real low baller.

I don't know if other employers such as the rail companies are purchasing these online database questions to implement in their recruitment process as its a very robust way of weeding out candidates and sliming down on people in the running (making the HRs job easier!!!)

I may be barking up the wrong tree here altogether but if I'm right can anyone give us any indication if they are used for ALL railway jobs? If they are, is there any practice tests available where you can work on them so you are prepared.

I've got a couple of office based applications in the pipeline at present with Virgin and Northern so I would like to know if I am likely to have to do these online tests at some stage if I get through the paper sift?

C J

Daydr3am3r

I’m sure someone else will confirm but as far as I am aware a lot of TOCs use these online psychometric/situational tests for non-driving roles such as guards and conductors. I don’t think they get used for non-safety critical roles, but obviously each TOC is different.

I've just been reading some of the posts in this thread.

Can anyone confirm if these on-line tests are used for non driving roles in the rail industry such as office based or customer services, that are not safety critical?

I've recently applied for a job outside the railway industry and I spent hours evidencing examples of skills that made me suitable for the role. I then submitted my application thinking that was the end of the first part. However, I then had to answer ten online questions that were somewhat 'off the wall' in their topics. The answers were made up of three answers - true, false or cannot say. I've never come across this type of assessment before so I was a little taken aback. There was no definitive answer so I had to answer each question as best I could. Unfortunately, I dipped this test at the end and this automatically rejected my application that I had spent so much time on!!! I felt this test was a real low baller.

I don't know if other employers such as the rail companies are purchasing these online database questions to implement in their recruitment process as its a very robust way of weeding out candidates and sliming down on people in the running (making the HRs job easier!!!)

I may be barking up the wrong tree here altogether but if I'm right can anyone give us any indication if they are used for ALL railway jobs? If they are, is there any practice tests available where you can work on them so you are prepared.

I've got a couple of office based applications in the pipeline at present with Virgin and Northern so I would like to know if I am likely to have to do these online tests at some stage if I get through the paper sift?

C J

I can assure you they’re not used for all roles, I once attended an interview for Document Controller with WMT, and the process simply went from application to interview very quickly unlike the driver role.

andyccfc

So for anyone that attended Stage 1 on Wednesday, how did you get on? I was offered the 5th but struggled to get it off work, and they didnt give much notice to practice did they!

Status
Not open for further replies.